“Can't go wrong here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Yorkville

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Toronto Yorkville to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1W2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Buffalo, NY
“Can't go wrong here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

When I found out that this was the hotel I'd be staying at (booked it on Hotwire) I was very happy. I love both Intercontinental Hotels in Toronto. Clean, modern baths, comfy beds, quiet and good location. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Last March I spent one night here and I returned this year for another night.
It's a very comfortable Hotel with friendly staff and excellent service in general. Being right opposite the Royal Ontario Museum is a big advantage as all I had to do was cross the street.
The bar in the evening is very pleasant with excellent wine and food available. There's a good value restaurant called Over Easy just a few doors down if you turn left out the front door. For fine dining Opus around the back of the hotel is lovely for an upscale meal.
Breakfast in the hotel was very tasty. I had omelette and tea in a very nice dining room.
I would have no problem returning to this Intercontinental Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Cabsauve,

What a pleasure to read you enjoyed our hotel and ameneties offered. We look very forward to welcoming you back for a 3rd, and many more visits in the near future!

Simon Antoine
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at this hotel. It was smaller than the typical Intercontinental and the staff were fantastic!!!. Room was spacious and clean.
We ate dinner and brunch at the Signature restaurant inside the hotel and the food and service was outstanding.
We recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay downtown Toronto, Canada

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Took the family for a March Break getaway, the crowds at the ROM were crazy but the Hotel was very close! We had young children and an early check in was not available but even at 3pm we had to wait as the room was not ready. The staff made effort to have things expedited which was appreciated. In the meantime, the floor polish/air freshener in the lobby had a very strong smell. The room (2 queen) was great facing the courtyard and there was room for a cot. They did not bring the roll-away bed right away but once we phoned again they were prompt.
The Restaurant Signatures for breakfast was extremely expensive and I would not recommend it. The service was not good, not once did they refill my coffee and I had to keep asking.There is a great breakfast place right next door which had better variety, service and price.
We were 4 floors up and can hear/feel the subway rolling under the street. The pool is very small and shallow, not too fun for kids really. No hot tub. Don't think we would stay here again.

The parking lot was very full at check-in time. I think non-hotel peeps use the parking lot to shop on Bloor or visit ROM. Valet not worth it, you can do it yourself.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor and away from street- maybe subway noise would be better on higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ephedra7,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post your comment regarding your most recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Canada.

I am glad you were able to visit the ROM during March Break, as the hotel is ideally located directly across the street from it. I was at the same time, sorry to hear that check in was not available at your immediate arrival, but glad to see you were accommodated in a timely manner.

We do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville so that we can show you a perfect stay.

Simon Antoine
Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent a week at the downtown luxury hotel this month on business and all our needs were met.
Friendly, helpful staff, especially when a few of us were suffering from a miserable cold and room service delivered piping hot water for a bedtime neo citron, greatly appreciated!
Beds were extremely comfortable with great linens and a beautiful duvet.
As mentioned in the title the location is exceptional, right across from the ROM and steps to great dining and shopping in Yorkville.
I would definitely return for a future stay with my husband or a girls weekend in the city!

Room Tip: We had a room close to the elevator which is always convenient , other colleagues were in suites whi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Glamourgirl28,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon!
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is the perfect size, not too large, but lovely appointed decor. Staff are freindly and helpful, rooms are spacious and beds/linen comfortable. I enjoyed the bath soap etc selection..a nice change from harsh shampoos etc.
Quiet room, with a window which opens, for those nice Spring days, fresh air.
Will choose this hotel when coming back to Toronto.

Room Tip: Rooms at end of hall, upper floor are best. View and away from hall traffic, ice machine. No parkin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Ehealey,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on Feb 10th, 2013 for a week. As a Platinum member of Priority Club, I stick to Intercon whenever possible. In the first 2 days found low room temperature, but no chance to deal with it. The 2nd night I started to feel sick because the fresh air outlet was facing my bed. Asked for help on the 3rd day. An engineer came timely and found that the heat was turned off. He turned it on again and I got a much more comfortable room temperature. By the 3rd day, I was very sick with fever and my whole holiday was miserable. I told the reception about this when I checked out. She handed me a name card of the Front Desk Manager. I emailed the Manager and never got a response. Besides this instance, the staff in the hotel were very nice in general.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear alago4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the heating/cooling system may have caused. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will certainly be looked into. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel in the area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to InterContinental Toronto Yorkville? Share your experiences!