“Dirty Tub, Disrupted Sleep, and Overcharged!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Yorkville

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Toronto Yorkville to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1W2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #22 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Buffalo, New York
“Dirty Tub, Disrupted Sleep, and Overcharged!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is supposed to be one of the nicest in Toronto but it was not at all! From the disgusting dirty tub to the run down gym and pool area this hotel definitely could use some updates!! Also we put the "do not disturb" sign on our door but that did not stop housekeeping from "ringing our doorbell" at 9am!!! Furthermore, we used our reward certificate from priority club to only receive a bill for our room!! Likely we brought a copy of the certificate and they credited our account but if we did not look at our receipt we would have been charged over $200!! Definitely NEVER returning to this hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Buffalo45,

Thank you for your comment and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to read your stay was compromised, however I can ensure you that the condition of your bathroom was an isolated incident and that the appropriate department head has been made aware of the situation. Measures have been made to ensure this does not repeat and that all guestroom conditions meet and surpass our high brand standards.

I do remain hopeful we will have another opportunity to welcome you to the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville so that we can show you a stay representative of InterContinental standards!

718 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I travel to Toronto frequently and almost always choose to stay at the Intercontinental Yorkville (when the Toronto Int'l Film Festival isn't!). We have consistently received excellent service every time. This go round we learned that our departing flight was cancelled and we had about 5 extra hours to kill with nowhere to go. The hotel went above and beyond the call of duty to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Management obviously doing something right here!

Room Tip: Facing Bloor you have a bit of street noise...though we find the distant rumble of traffic helps our...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked this hotel via hotwire in May 2012 for the Grey Cup in November. From looking at their prices I definitely got a good deal. The hotel was worth what I paid, but I wouldn't pay full price as it wasn't that fabulous. I called in July to request 2 double or queen beds, but come check in my request wasn't granted. I didn't think it would be possible, but I thought by calling so early that there was a slight chance. The front desk attentandent told me that there were just too many over 40 year old men staying with them that it wasn't possible to give me 2 beds. I guess it's a good thing I was with my sister and having to share a king size wasn't as uncomfortable as it would have been if I was a 40 year old man. Overall the room was nice, but nothing special. It wasn't an overly large room, but we did overlook Bloor so that was nice. The bathroom had a separate tub from the shower and was a fairly large bathroom. The shower itself was quite tiny and I don't imagine it was quite enjoyable for those larger 40 year old men staying that weekend. The rooms were quiet and I didn't hear any outside noise at all. The location is great. The subway stop isn't even a block away. There's a Shoppers Drug Mart just outside the hotel. As nice as it was to have Valet parking it is a steep fee, but thankfully I got the rooms at a pretty good rate so I still feel like I came out ahead. I have no complaints, but I certainly wouldn't pay over $200 for this room even on Grey Cup weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear aveclesfilles,
Thank you for posting your comment regarding your most recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville!

I was pleased to note your overall rating of your most recent stay with. While we do try our best to accommodate every guest request, we unfortunately, cannot guarantee the room type in some instances.

I remain hopeful that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back; outside of the Gray Cup.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is well located and that is about the best things I can say - the room was very much in need of an upgrade - bathroom was really not nice - breakfast was strange and the staff seemed very uncertain of what was available.
The outside area is pleasant and so are the staff - but the room - oh dear!!

Room Tip: is there one??
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear carol643 ,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville.

I noted your suggestions to upgrade the guestrooms. We will be taking it into consideration for our next refresher of the hotel and facilites. Also helpful was your comment regarding uncertainty among the staff at breakfast service. We will ensure this does not happen again and that everyone is well informed of what we offer. This was certainly an exception to the otherwise superb service we pride on offering to our valued guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Hillsboro Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's our 7th return to this hotel in Toronto. We still love it for it's boutique ambience. We are Amabassor members so it provides us with an upgrade to a suite each time we visit. Minutes from great dining and shopping...Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, Escada, Guerlain, Holt Renfrew (exactly like Saks in the USA) and so many other luxury brand stores. Intercontinental Yorkville is quiet elegance with a great restaurant, Signatures. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Bloor Street, across from the Royal Ontario Museum.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in early January. I have stayed at this location several times in the past and always enjoy the hotel. It is a small hotel which I like, certainly a lot smaller than the Intercontinental on Front St. It is in a great location on Bloor St near shopping, restaurants and the subway. The rooms are large, very clean and comfortable. I appreciate the separate shower and marble in the bathroom although the small sink is a negative. The hotel has been around a while but does not show its age (unlike the Front St Intercontinental). The king size beds are comfortable. We ate at the bar and really enjoyed their small plate menu. We ordered the cod, chicken, lamb, shrimps and beef. Everything was very tasty and filling and the prices were reasonable. There is self parking in an indoor lot underneath the hotel. Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. All in all a good place to stay in Toronto.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My friends and I stayed at another Intercontinental Hotel which we thought was lacking in many ways. We had planned on staying at a Marriott property, and opted out at the last minute. When we arrived to the hotel we notice the neighborhood was very nice and modern. Yorkville would be Soho to Toronto if you’re familiar with NYC or Magnificent Mile if you’re familiar with Chicago. When we arrived we were greeted by the valet, and bellman that assisted without question. Check-in was smooth and seamless, and we were quickly off to our room. Our room was very spacious had to two beds with a work desk in the middle. The décor was modern, and gave the feel of boutique hotel which this hotel claims to be. The service was great, location was great, the concierge was absolutely amazing with recommendations, and print out direction to wherever we needed to go. I give this hotel an A minus, an A plus would be a free business center, and or free wifi for Platinum guest, and concierge lounge. However this hotel changed our feelings on the Brand, and we are excited to see what other InterContinental’s have to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front you can get free wifi from the museum across the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to InterContinental Toronto Yorkville? Share your experiences!