“Great Room, Poor Business Centre” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Toronto Yorkville

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Toronto Yorkville to your Saves list
InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1W2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Canada
“Great Room, Poor Business Centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in November 2012.

The check-in was fast, service good. I was given a corner room facing an inside courtyard which was very quiet. The room was very spacious and attractive as this hotel should be.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The room and bathroom were newly done and spotless.

There is a room safe and free Starbucks coffee.

There is a charge for the internet ( big hotels should really offer free wi-fi if small hotels and B&B's can do it).

I did not eat in the restaurant.

Parking was around the corner in a public lot with easy access to the hotel via a walkway. There is also valet parking. It is difficult to find street parking in this neighbourhood.

My only complaint with this hotel is the Business Centre which I tried to access to print off my boarding pass. The hotel has a very small business centre that is closed with no one manning it at night ( Sunday night?). I was told my room key would open the door but it did not , the reception gave me a new key and it still did not work. Then a staff member came with his master key and it still would not work and he had to call a mechanic on staff. If I were in this hotel for a business meeting the next day and need to print documents , I would have reason to be very upset.

The next morning, I discovered a station next to the phones in the lobby that provided flight info and free boarding pass printing. I wish I had asked for this the night before.

I would return to this hotel again because the room was so lovely, although not for business on a weekend unless I check beforehand what service I can get.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing inside courtyard.

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I really quite enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff are very friendly, the room was well equipped and it is in a fantastic location. It is close to the subway, across from the ROM and in the heart of the ever fashionable Yorkville. I loved the fact that the room had a place to dock my iPod. It was clean, spacious and had a very comfortable bed. Would stay here again in a heartbeat! The one disappointment was that I had to pay for wifi access. I just don't understand hotels who still charge for this, even if you are a member of their rewards program.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here two years ago, on our most recent stay I noticed some things in our room which looks like the hotel needs a bit of upgrading.

The electrical outlets on the desk didn't work. They were connected by an extension cord into a outlet which itself had an adapter to provide additional plug in spots. There was only one other outlet I could find in the room. I had to recharge my phone and camera by reaching behind the desk to the outlet with the adapter. Inconvenient.

The hotel charges $4.00 per 30 minutes for internet access. The last time I paid for internet access was at a budget hotel, not a hotel that advertises itself as a luxury hotel.

The heating was extremely noisy when it was working.

It may just have been my room but my stay in 2012 was not at the level of my stay in 2010.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear artslover,

Thank you for posting another comment regarding your stay at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville. It is your continued feedback that enables us to exceed our guests' expectations on every return to our hotel.

We are in fact, in the process of upgrading some of our electrical features in our guestrooms right now. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention; it precisely because of this that we are able to change and improve our hotel services.

We look forward to welcoming you back; I can ensure your return visit will far surpass the 2012 and 2010 stay!

Simon Antoine
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed there only one-night during our Canadian trip. Right from check-in through check-out the service and comfort were excellent. I even had a demonstration of how to use the new coffee machine in the room at 2.00am! Breakfast was great with the usual large choice and the robes actually fitted (46L). Location opposite ROM and other museums and near great restaurants including Morton's, were a great bonus.

Room Tip: Try and get an executive upgrade
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything you might want is right outside the door. Great restaurants both casual and finer dining,shopping & tourist attractions. The rooms are a good size, the service is great. Check out the outside deck on the top floor. Nice outside space. Yorkville is a great area of the city including many high end shops as well as the old standbys.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love this hotel and the location is perfect if you want to shop Yorkville and boutiques but during the fall and winter months, the heat is centrally controlled so...it's hot in the rooms. Can't adjust temperature so it made sleeping tough. Otherwise, hotel and amenities are good.

Shearstown, NL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked this hotel on hotwire.com and got an excellent rate...it's in a beautiful location, very nicely decorated rooms, and the Proof Bar is wonderful! Staff are very professional, but approachable at the same time...loved every minute of our stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to InterContinental Toronto Yorkville? Share your experiences!