“Best hotel ever” 5 of 5 stars

Third Night Free!
Ranked #2 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
“Best hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I've visited Four Seasons Toronto many, many times and it always gets better. As a local, you can usually find me at dbar enjoying a cocktail (Yorkville Affair) and having a lobster salad. This last weekend my boyfriend and I decide to check in for a spa staycation and it was absolute heaven. The rooms are gorgeous, the service from the staff is he best I've even had and the spa is pure bliss. We also had dinner at cafe boulud and you MUST have the most famous dessert in all p Toronto, the grapefruit givre. If you're a local or visiting Toronto, this is THE hotel to be at.

Stayed August 2014
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your staycation with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our famous 'Yorkville Affair,' Grapefruit Givre and Lobster salad. Those are all fan favourites and very delicious! We look forward to welcoming you back for another outstanding, and delicious visit!

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great aspects of the hotel:
1 - Best location in Toronto.
2 - Designed flawlessly. From the lobby to the rooms, the hotel was expansive and chic.
3 - The best part of our stay was the concierge. She helped us make reservations for lunch and dinner. She asked us what we were looking for and we asked her to just find a place that fit the bill. Not only did she find us amazing restaurants, but managed to get us reservations at some of the most desirable restaurants in the city. Without her, I'm not sure our stay would have been as special as it was. Far too often, I find hotel concierges to be a tad snooty and unfriendly. This woman was the exact opposite. She was amiable and really seemed to want to help us. I wish I knew her name, because I would have called the manager to tell him how great she was.

Not so great aspects of the hotel:
1 - When we checked in to the hotel, they asked us to fill out a sheet of paper with our return flight information, so that they could check us in on the flight when we checked out of the hotel. This was a great perk, and a burden off of our shoulders. BUT they never actually checked us in! We were flying back to NY, and when flying from Toronto to the US, you have to go through US customs in Canada, not in the US. This requires passengers to arrive at the airport even earlier than usual. (I think it was an hour and a half before departure.) Not knowing this, we arrived at the airport an hour before departure, and the hotel hadn't checked us in as they said they would. As a result, the airline wouldn't let us check in to the flight when we arrived at the airport because we had missed the hour and a half deadline. We were put on standby for the last flight of the night, and luckily made it on. I was incredibly upset with the hotel. As far as I am concerned, it was their fault we didn't make our flight.
2 - Breakfast was included in the rate of our room. So we showed up to breakfast, the waiter brought us menus, and we asked if there was a buffet of some sort because breakfast was included in our rate. He said there was no buffet, but that we could order from the menu. So we asked what the limit was on how much we could order. (Does breakfast include coffee AND juice? Or just one? Could I order eggs AND sausage? Or would the sausage be extra?) He said we would have to check with the front desk; it depended on the room we had. I had never had this sort of situation happen at a hotel before. The hotel should be clear on what is included, and what is not. They should either explain in writing during check-in, or have a separate menu during breakfast. I don't mind paying extra for juice, but I want to know WHEN I will be paying extra. No one wants a surprise when they get their bill.
3 - We stayed in this hotel for a total of three days, and during that time there was both a drain malfunction in the bathroom, and an air conditioner malfunction in the room. It wasn't the kind of quality you would expect from a Four Seasons. When I check in, I expect everything in my room to be working perfectly. I don't want to have to call down to the front desk saying the AC doesn't work. I don't want a prompt AC engineer coming to my room to fix it. I check in, expecting the room to be perfect and it should be.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Livingston, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Terrific service! We arrived at the airport late and the rental car counter was closed ( I didn't know they closed). The concierge set it up so that we only walked 2 blocks and picked it up.

Nice room, beautiful location. You want to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am so pleased to hear that our Concierge team was able to help you in a desperate time of need! We look forward to welcoming you back for another outstanding visit.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My daughter and I had a wonderful time and would call this the best spa in the city! Everything from the robes, to the lounges before your treatment to the wonderful massage therapists. The day was just perfect! It is a very large spa with a lot to offer. The hot tub and pool was great after our treatment and the showers and makeup area were very clean. Even the biscotti in the waiting room were delicious. Definitely worth the money and I cant wait to make the trip back.

Visited March 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and gracious compliments! I am so pleased that you and your daughter had a wonderful time. We look forward to welcoming you both back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My mom and I came to the Spa for a mother daughter day and it was a wonderful experience. The waiting room was clam and relaxing itself and the robes were so comfy. During the treatment both massage therapists were wonderful. We both loved the little nook chairs and loungers tucked away, which we sat with some tea in, after our treatment. We ended the day with a hot tub which was also lovely. All the spa staff were so helpful and the premises themselves are beautiful. Would like to come back again in the summer and enjoy the balcony of the pool.

Visited March 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing our spa for your mother daughter relaxation day, I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves! We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our outdoor balcony.

Amman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I visit Toronto frequently and have stayed a few times at this hotel. This is my second review because it's that good! I got room 2011 this time...also a premier room but facing south. My room had floor to ceiling windows across two walls since it's on the corner. If you are booking, you absolutely must request this room. The hotel is in yorkville which is the best area of town, and the view of this room is just spectacular. Also have dinner at cafe boulud and order the potato wrapped sea bass. It's their signature dish and well worth every single decadent bite. If you are to spa, which is an absolute must, get the deep tissue massage. I've had a a few therapists and each one is better than the next.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us for the second time, we appreciate the feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room on the 20th floor, it does have a great view! That's great that you were able to eat in Cafe Boulud and have a massage in the spa, taking advantage of all our amazing services. We look forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were here for 5 days on business and pleasure and absolutely loved this hotel. From the moment they open the door of your car you feel well looked after. There is something very genuine about the staff and their willingness to help that a lot of places lack. The location is good for shopping and everything else is a cheap cab ride away. The concierge desk is great and helped us out with a lot of things we wanted to do. Room service is good and the two restaurants are good but if I had to give any constructive criticism it would be in this area as I'm not sure they have the restaurants quite right yet.
Would 100% stay here the next time we are in Toronto.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe corner suite and it was fantastic