“Nice rooms, service less so” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #2 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Hong Kong, China
“Nice rooms, service less so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently spent a week in the hotel. While rooms were nice and consistent with expectations, the service was less so. Requests for items from housekeeping often took more than 15 minutes to respond. During breakfast time, the staff at Cafe Boulud regularly missed orders or requests and sometimes had to be followed up more than once. A promise by the concierge to provide more information on a tourist attraction in the morning on the following day ended up completely forgotten. Unlikely to return to this next time especially as the service appears inferior to other Four Seasons hotels in the world.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Many thanks for your valuable feedback. I am disappointed to learn about your experience with us, and apologize that our service was not up to Four Seasons standards. We strive to continually exceed the expectations of our guests, which we seemingly did not achieve with you during your visit with us. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel and create a more positive and memorable experience.

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been fans and believers of the FS hotels and resorts, an owners of the FS Residence Club in Scottsdale, AZ. We enjoyed every moment of the July 4 weekend in this new FS hotel. Got upgraded upon check in to Superior King and upper floor. The brand new (Oct. '12) facility has everything you need-including an i-pad in the room. Don't miss the spa, fitness room, steam room and the pool. The FS costs more but it is well worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor and garden view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your continued support of our brand. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your July 4th weekend with us, and had the chance to enjoy all of our facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Toronto!

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent a night at the Four Seasons after cancelling our reservation at the Hazelton-- we had such a bad experience there at check-in (including a truly obnoxious attitude when we refused our room because someone had clearly been smoking in it) that we couldn't wait to go elsewhere!

But this is about the Four Seasons. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous staff; comfortable room (including wonderful lighting and an espresso maker in the room, which is a small touch I expect in a top hotel) with great views; lovely Cafe Boulud restaurant; good location for walking around.

And did I mention the staff? Typical Four Seasons training, and it shows! This hotel alone makes me look forward to my next trip to Toronto.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are configured so that the bathroom has natural light- fantastic!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review. At Four Seasons, we strive to continually exceed the expectations of our guests, so I am pleased to know that you felt we achieved our goal in making you feel welcome! Very much looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Kind regards,
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My second business trip to Toronto and I thought I would try the FS....A lot of people seem to review the spa and food, and I would admit are great but the Hotel product and service does not match what I have received at other 5 star properties. Once I finally found the desk to check in the gentleman offered to send up some toiletries as my luggage was lost from the airport. Two hours went by so I called to speak with him and he said it would be up in 5 min, he even admitted that he forgot...not very 5 star at all....The room is quite small considering the price you pay....It is a nice hotel however I most likely won’t return and is quite far from the financial district.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your comments are important to us as we continue to refine the level of service we extend to our guests. We greatly appreciated your comments, and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Warmest Regards,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I just spent 3 nights at the new Four Seasons in Toronto. Everything was perfect: the room, the service, the pool, the restaurant, the location. It does not get any better. The rooms are not cheap but it's devinitely worth it. I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed all of our spectacular amenities! So glad to hear that you will be back, and looking forward to your return.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was in toronto for the first time this week. I stayed at the brand new Four Seasons in Yorkville and have to say that it was one of the best business trip hotel experiences i can remember. Melissa greeted me and helped me get situated, including upgrading my room, getting me set up w internet access, restaurant recommendations, and set me up with the house car to get me to my first meeting in the morning. She was awesome and I will 100% come back to this hotel. Super staff, impeccable hotel w all the amenities. I am a big fan!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am so pleased to hear that we were able to make your first trip to Toronto a memorable one. Melissa is a valued employee, and I will certainly share all of your compliments with her. We look forward to welcoming you back here and to Toronto for a second time!

Many thanks,
St Barthelemy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just returned from a weekend stay at the FS Toronto. Typical FS treatment but better. We traveled with our 11year old son. Lobby, florals, scent, cleanliness all 5 star. Once you set foot on this property, the staff has your back. Was greeted by not just 1 but 3 people, by the time we checked in with Serkan at the front desk, who was professional and helpful and caring about US. We entered the room, beautiful, clean, loved the bathrooms and decor of this FS, Samsung, IPad's in the room. Once we walked in, and within 1 minute in our room, a knock on the door with the bags. Concierge helped us beyond our expectations. Room was outstanding. Pool and hot tub experience outstanding. The best is I forgot to bring my husbands cufflinks, one call down to the front desk and they just so happened to have a pair for you! wow! That was unreal. Spa was visited as well and was a rejuvenating experience. We had breakfast, outstanding. Centrally located, walkable to everything! Love Toronto and Loved the FS! Cannot wait to return. Room prices are high but that is why you stay a FS.

Room Tip: Our room really had no good view, but when you are in the city, what view can you really have but bu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
What an incredible review! All of your comments are most appreciated, and I will be sure to share them to all of my employees. It's experiences like yours that make us love what we do. We are here to give our guests the best possible service, so I'm thrilled to hear that your vacation was truly enjoyable and that we were able to achieve our number one goal.

Best,
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Toronto? Share your experiences!