“cafe boulud” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“cafe boulud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We are very pleased that the Four Seasons opened again in Toronto and we can experience service that is beyond expectations. As early risers, we are at times limited to a weekend breakfast at hotels - the food and service here has made us return regularly.
From the moment you walk to the hostess stand at the cafe, you are greeted with amicable and professional service - Jasmine and Marisol made such a difference to our experience by catering to wife's requests and entertaining our daughter who was just enamored with both of them. The food quality is only of the highest standard and presentation is always executed impeccably. Wait staff know just how the right amount of attention to give a table, and even the managers are accessible.
We have also had the pleasure of sampling the lunch and dinner menus and love coming here! There is also great food down the street, but the service makes experience most enjoyable here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear you and your family have had such excellent experiences dining in Cafe Boulud. I have shared your comments with Jasmine, Marisol, and the entire Cafe Boulud team. I am thrilled that you love dining in Cafe Boulud for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest Regards,
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Girlfriends and I decided to spend a weekend in Toronto for shopping, dining and good laughs and we splurged at the new Four Seasons Toronto. A splurge that was well worth it from beginning to end. The rooms were lovely and we were all situated on the same floor which made it even easier. The hotel is a contrast to the old dated one. This one is sleek and new and clean as can be. The tubs in the room are great. My only criticism would be the lack of signage on the entire hotel. Couldn't find a name on it anywhere and the taxis were a bit confused. But I do have to say that the highlight of our entire stay was half a day in their spa. OMG! It is incredible and worth every dollar. And when we checked around, their prices are not high at all compared to the other five star hotels. We had an assortment of scrubs, facials (the gemstone facial made with crushed sapphires!!!! wonderful) and massages (we all voted that we want to take Juan Carlos home to be our permanent massuer!!!) and hair services with Stephen (needs a bit more light in that salon but he is divine and so nice). Check this place out.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms together and facing the fountain.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so glad to hear that you and your friends had a great weekend staying at our hotel! And thank you for your excellent feedback. I will also share your comments with Juan Carlos and Stephen and the entire spa team. Thank you for writing your great review, and we hope to see you all again soon!

Orillia, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent the most amazing spa day and overnight at the new Toronto Four Seasons and it is now my fave destination (for so many reasons)! Because I am in the customer service field I tend to be hyper critical of the service I receive at hotels and spas. I am thrilled to report that this property exceeded all of my expectations and that the spa staff were incredibly professional and their attention to detail was beyond any other spa I've ever visited.

This was a girl's getaway with one of my best girlfriends so we decided to treat ourselves to a facial and mani/pedi (as well as a lovely light lunch) at the spa. I had heard good things about the luxurious surroundings but you really have to see this lovely place to appreciate the comforts that they provide. From the gorgeous locker room to the plush robes and towels provided, we were constantly reminded that we were being treated like valued guests. While waiting in the (calming) waiting room for our facials we were greeted by the Spa Director, Todd Hewitt - who was a delight! He inquired about the services that we were receiving that day and encouraged us to give him feedback at the end of our day. His warm, open demeanour clearly has a positive impact on the staff at the spa because we experienced the same fun loving yet professional attitude during all our services. I have very sensitive skin and the esthetician that performed my facial (try the European Facial - it's 75 minutes of heaven on earth) was responsive to my specific requirements. This facial left my skin glowing (not blotchy like I've experienced at other luxury spas). Our mani/pedi's were luxurious and the colour selection for polishes was abundant. Go for the shellac polish. It's well worth the little bit extra you will pay and has lasted 16 days so far and still looks great! We enjoyed a light lunch (I recommend the veggie wrap) and spent the most wonderful afternoon unwinding and enjoying each other's company. I am happy to report that we gave Todd (the Spa Director) an extremely positive report prior to our departure!

If you are looking for a beautiful, rejuvenating spa experience The FS Toronto is the place for you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I'm thrilled to hear we are now your favorite destination! Thank you for your wonderful review, and I have shared your glowing comments with Spa Director Todd Hewitt as well as the entire spa team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

In February we spent one night at the new Four Seasons in Toronto. We had some excitement and pride about visiting the FS in our own City of Toronto. We frequently vacation at other FS properties and have been to 7 other locations, thus, giving us a good frame of reference for the hotel brand.

The Room - 5 out of 5
Stunning. We booked a corner one bedroom suite. The view was a bit awkward because you over look this strange jutt-out which is the roof of the spa. However, the room was amazing. two bathrooms, large bedroom. Beds are comfortable and linens are high-quality. Everything you could ask for. (except a fridge and real milk for coffee.) Bathroom had a off smelling scent that was mentioned in another review. Think it was coming from a "scent" box on the wall.

Reservations - 2 out of 5.
As by invitation members we were able to use our upgrade credits to upgrade to this level of room. Most fs hotels upgrade us several levels, but not here. We actually had to try very hard to get this room because they only have four rooms of this category. Reservations wasn't exactly easy going, and we came away feeling like we were begging for the upgrade, even though we are "elite" members recognized by the fs hotel. Again, at other locations we have always been upgraded several levels, so this was a first.

First impressions - 3 out of 5.
We walked in the front door, on a Saturday afternoon, without a door man or anyone to direct us. Check-in was pleasant enough.

D-bar - 2.5 out of 5.
Before this visit we had dinner once before and drinks another time at D-bar. Over our 24 hours we visited d-bar three times.- lunch and drinks before and after dinner. Service always starts out good, but tends to taper off. After we had a very nice lunch with friends, we had to ask for the bill 3 times, and finally I had to get up and demand it. My friend was very pregnant (only a few weeks to go) and she was tired and wanted to lie down, and by this time lunch was well over two hours. The same thing happened during our dinner a few weeks earlier. The food is good and fresh, but be warned, portion sizes are ridiculously small, and you come away feeling somewhat taken advantage of. I don't normally comment on food size or price (given we have visited some pretty expensive places like bora bora and hawaii). Chopped salad was $14 and had lettuce and 1 small piece of avocado. Previous dinner I had was much better, albeit small. Again, normally food prices don't phase me but the new Toronto fs seems a bit ridiculous. Maybe if there was an ocean view. :)

Cafe Boulud - 4.5 out of 5
This was our second visit, and only went back because we had $100 food and beverage credit, and we wanted to give this a second chance. I'm glad we did as the food and service was exceptional (especially compared to the inconsistency of D-bar). I wish I could remember our server (a woman) as she was fabulous. We also had breakfast at Cafe Boulud and again had the same server, and food/service was great. Highlight of the night was lobster bisque and warm chocolate coulant. I was somewhat disappointed what over-hyped grapefruit givre.

Service Overall - 2 out of 5
We didn't have many special requests except one that we communicated before we arrived. It wasn't remembered and we had to call down to request again, even though we had received email confirmation. Also, we left our room at 6 p.m., pressed our service light, only to return to 9:15 and the room still was not turned down. Our friends room one floor above us was turned down, so i guess it was just us. And when DH called down, they said it was his fault because he must have pressed the incorrect light.

Check out - 2 out of 5
We had troubles with our bill and our friends bill that took a bit more communication/firmness than I would have liked. I wasn't sure if the staff were unaware of the fs preferred partner travel agency perks, or wanted us to fail to notice that they didn't honour them (breakfast and food and beverage credit)|. We left the hotel feeling annoyed by the exchange.

Overall impression, rooms amazing, service inconsistent, staff seemed under-trained almost sterile in their interactions. We will definitely return to Cafe Boulud (and the spa) in the future!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. It is wonderful to hear from a guest who has also stayed at seven other Four Seasons hotels. We very much welcome your feedback, and I do regret that your reservations, check-in, and check-out experiences were not as smooth as they should have been, and I thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we were able to correct these issues. I am very pleased to hear that you look forward to returning to Cafe Boulud and the spa, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons soon.

Warmest Regards,
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Traveled there on business, for a relatively short stay. Each staff member I encountered were friendly and accommodating (as expected from the Four Season chain). Decor is dark and quite contemporary. I will definitely return

• Stayed March 2013
I'm so pleased to hear you had a great stay and will definitely return. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My company's national sales event was held here in January and I was highly involved in the planning of the meeting. The guest suites, business, banquet and conference facilities, food, staff, comfort...absolutely everything was perfect. I would stay here again for pleasure...and I only live down the road!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your terrific review! I'm so pleased to hear that your event, from the planning process to the event itself, was perfect! I will certainly share your note with our Sales and Catering teams. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards,
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Although open just since the Fall, I stayed there for my second time this past week. If I could give it four and a half stars I would. The rooms are wonderful, spacious and comfortable and the downstairs bar area and the food in it are great. Great fitness area with state of the art equipment and plenty of it. The other hand is that both times breakfast was a little disappointing at cafe bouloud. Great service and good food, but at these prices, you'd expect a little better. I also just don't like all of the metal grilles that are architectural elements. Gives a real claustrophobic feeling in the lobby area. Like you're in a prison. Want to make a special point of saying that every hotel employee I dealt with is truly excellent, patient and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate your feedback, and I have shared your note with our team. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons, and especially to try breakfast in Cafe Boulud again. I am confident that our team will ensure you have a fantastic experience.

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Toronto? Share your experiences!