“Night time” 4 of 5 stars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Improve this listing
Ranked #275 of 614 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: This busy neighborhood shopping mall in mid-town Toronto includes a central courtyard surrounded by more than 17 stores.
“Night time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I only got to see this area after hours when it was closed but as for what I saw, it is a nice, clean area to enjoy.

Tampa, Florida
25 attraction reviews
“Healthy from Head to Toe!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was in Toronto for a week and visited this area on the Danforth everyday. I was sooooo impressed with Carrot Common. I had a healthy drink from the juice bar that had Mocha, banana, almond milk and other proteins to get my day started. I felt great all day! I then had health food shopping experience like no other. I loved the area and since I was on a eat "right" kick, this just was the cherry on the sundae to keep me on track. I loved the entire place here!

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“When I'm on the Danforth, I always pop in here..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I don't live close to Carrot Common but when I am in the area, I always make a point of going in. I love it there. From the products, to the atmosphere and the people working there. They are very helpful to you and are willing to assist you in your needs or finding things you may need.

I have never had a bad experience there. Not once. Ever.

Visited February 2012
Toronto
71 attraction reviews
“Prices too high to maintain the buzz”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Carrot used to be THE health food place to shop in Toronto. But there are better, less expensive options nowadays. One example might be Whole Foods. The Carrot is a co-operative and although these outfits sound good on paper, in practice, they often fall short. Of the original 8 folks who started the Big Carrot, there is only one left. Lack of direction, inconsistent decision-making and general flakiness has resulted in an overpriced, overhyped, disappointment. Compare their price for say, manuka honey from New Zealand. A small container here equals the cost of 4 or 5 similarly-sized ones from Loblaws. If you ask staff why everything (and I mean everything) costs so much, the answer will be unsatisfactory. It seems foolish to continue supporting such a pricey venue, when alternative sources exist elsewhere.

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“So much more then a health store!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I love this store! Great different options then the normal "grocery store" plus it is has amazing healthy options.
The pre made food bar is the best, it changes all the time and is so hard to try and pick just a few. I want them all! Remember to get your number or you will wait all day it is busy, but fast.

Visited May 2012