“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Ontario Museum

Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queen's Park Crescent | At Bloor St., Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-586-8000

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is among the world’s leading museums of natural history and world cultures. In combining a universal museum of cultures with that of natural history, the ROM offers an unusual breadth of experience to our audiences from around the world. We realize more acutely now that nature and humanity are intertwined, and the ROM offers many examples in its collections and programs of these fundamental relationships.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Glasgow, Scotland
18 attraction reviews
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2005

I was very dissapointed with this museum- guide books were comparing it to Natural History Museum in London, but it doesn't even come close. I visited in October 2005, and it is still undergoing huge renovation work. Lots of areas closed, and you enter through a minor side street door. I'm not a huge fan of museums at the best of times, but as a Zoologist i usually enjoy the stuffed mammal/ bird exhibits etc. However, even though these areas were open they were small and uninspiring.

If it hadn't been part of my Citypass ticket (I was visiting on my last day purely to fill in some time and get my moneys worth from the ticket) I would have felt cheated.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2005

I loved the ROM. It is going under renovations right now, but it is really good when everything is open. I went with a daycare when I worked there one summer and the kids loved the "bat cave."

It is a lot of fun for the whole family and I still wouldn't mind going if I am with a few people I enjoy being around

MD
“Didnt like...going thru Renovation in 2004”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2004

Didnt like it. Lost my money and an absolute waste if you are taking Citypass. Its undergoing reno in 2004 and many exhibits are closed. Some of the exhibits looked artificial. The newly planned building which will open in 2005 looks awesome in the plan.
PS: Kids may enjoy it though ! but not adults