“Gastro Pub Extraordinaire!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Queen and Beaver Public House

The Queen and Beaver Public House
35 Elm Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
647 347 2712
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gastro Pub Extraordinaire!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We arrived to the Pub about 6:00 pm and the lower resaurant was not crowded so we got a table right away. The wait staff was very good and gave us time (and tips) on the extensive pub menu I have ever seen and some thing I have never heard of! I ordered the hamburger and chips...very good. Other ordered the veal shank with brussel sprouts which were done just right. I also had the Wild Blueberry pudding and watch out for the meringue...wow..talk about tasty....done just right. The atmoshere in the restaurant was much more upscale than I imagined a English Pub would be...nice place for a date. The only disappoint for the night was their hard apple pub cider....the flavor was not very good compared to others I have had in other parts of the world.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Cambridge
“Great English style pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

A rarity for Nortn America where drinkers not wanting to eat are welcomed and treated in a civil manner. A comfortable lounge and roof top patio with intelligent staff serving good quality wine and beer.

Visited September 2012
Gdansk, Pomorskie, Poland
“Nice and relaxing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

There are more nice restaurants in this area, but not many have such a nice terrace. The food is good, the price acceptable, the service ok.

Visited July 2012
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Great Little Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I used to be a regular of the restaurant that was in the location of the Queen and Beaver so I was definitely hesitant to fall in love again. I always appreciate the Elm Street restaurants because of their close proximity to my hotel, but more importantly their quality. If I was staying in a totally different location, I would likely make a bee-line to this area for food. All that being said, the Queen and Beaver is such a lovely place with fantastic food! The place is wonderfully decorated and you feel like you're in an english pub. Football on the tele, fish and chips, bangers and mash on the menu, stout and ale on tap! What especially impresses me is the creative take on classic british food. I had a scotch egg (that's right!) and it was prepared in a non-traditional way but really managed to be more flavourful than what I am used to. My chips included homemade ketchup which was fantastic! I don't actually enjoy ketchup! There are two floors of seating inside. First floor is more traditional seating, second floor is "the pub" and outside is a patio. All unique with great service. My only suggestion for improvement would be a more extensive british bar selection. The Quebec stout I had was fantastic, but it felt a bit odd to me to not have a Guinness option (even though that is so common!).

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were staying nearby, so we decided to give The Queen and Beaver a try. We sat in the upstairs bar and just had a few drinks. The prices were reasonable and the staff was very fun & friendly. They had a few cider options, which I really appreciated!

Visited August 2012