“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Richmond Hill, Canada
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife Martha and I have been coming here since it opened and I wanted to recognize the great food and service. Lately, I have been ordering the steak; the mushroom sauce that comes with it is fabulous. What can I say? The reason we keep coming back is because of the excellent food and service. Thanks Melanie!

• Visited August 2013

Toronto
“Exceptional Dining Quality in a Comfortable Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just a little east of Coxwell Avenue on the Danforth, is a hidden gem that will wow and satisfy the most decerning of palettes. That restaurant is Melanie's Bistro!

I have been patroning Melanie's Bistro for over three years and am never disappointed. It is a restaurant that provides an exceptional dining experience with fair prices and a comfortable atmosphere.

FOOD: The menu at Melanie's Bistro is small, but don't let that fool you, as each dish has been finely tuned to tantalize your taste-buds. Everyone who I know who has eaten there has oohed and ahhed from the flavours and fusions prepared by the chef. My favourite appetizer is a breaded goat cheese, apricots and greens and my favourite main dish is the chicken stuffed with spinach and cranberries. I also recommend the duck and the steak.
For dessert, I always get the Crème brûlée topped with fresh berries and my husband loves their caramel cheesecake - all the desserts are made in-house.

ATMOSPHERE: As described, Melanie's Bistro is fine dining without the pretentiousness. It is comfortable, minimal, and showcases contemporary and urban art, while playing an assortment of quiet music that people of all ages can appreciate. Melanie always takes the time to stop by and ensure that all is to your liking. As a new mom, I was especially appreciative that Melanie's Bistro was so welcoming to families with babies, allowing us to have some space for the carriage. If you have a baby and want to dine here, just call in advance and let them know. They are very accommodating - another reason I keep going back.

PRICES: In life, you get what you pay for, but at Melanie's Bistro, I think you get more.
The quality of each dish, from the ingredients, cuts, and preparation, always leave me feeling that I have gotten my money's worth.

In conclusion, I hope you'll give them a try as I know you won't be disappointed! Just thinking about their menu makes me want to go!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
TORONTO
“East end delight on the Danforth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We've been frequenting Melanies now for almost the full 5 years its been open. Two things you can always count on. The food will be solid and well executed, and Melanie will always take the time to chat and share a laugh.
I like the fact that they keep the menu short and simple, the wine by the bottle at extremely reasonable prices, and they don't try to be something they are not. This is a quaint bistro, with great food, simple décor and a comfortable relaxed vibe.
I can honestly say every person we have taken there has left more than satisfied.
Congrats on the first five years guys, and here's to many many more !

Ps Please bring back the butter chicken !!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
toronto
“If you like something-stick with it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

By that I mean the "NEWFOUNDLAND BREAKFAST SPECIAL" I am a very slow eater,but this dish I eat especially slow.Just to savor every bite! Poached eggs on cod-cakes---what a combination! I live at the other end of the city,it's a little trip to get to Melanie's,therefore it will always and only be "Newf.Breakf.Spec. My friend and I got there the first time with reservations made and found it unneccessary if arriving early enough

• Visited February 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Warmth of the Danforth, a true Gem !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining at "Melanie's Bistro" in Sept 2012 and I apologize for the late review. We enjoyed the atmostphere during a weekend brunch. The service was intimate and personal. My husband still raves about his dish "Rahul’s Huevos Rancheros", and I also very much enjoyed mine too the "Fresh Salmon BLT". Looking forward to going back and trying some more and this time at dinner. ! Bravo to small innovative business !

• Visited September 2012