“I had an awesome time and saw and did so much!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chariots of Fire Ltd.

Chariots of Fire Ltd.
279 Yonge St., Toronto, Ontario M5B 1N8, Canada
+1 905-877-0855
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Chariots of Fire offers Niagara Falls day tours starting in Toronto or Niagara Falls, Ontario. Our award winning tours include riverside viewing at the brink of the Falls, a scenic tour on the Niagara parkway with pictures stops at the Whirlpool Rapids, Hydro-electric dams, Floral Clock and Queenston Heights, free time at Niagra-on-the-Lake and complimentary tasting at an Estate Winery, including ice wine. All this for $77 per person (tax extra), children 3 years and under are free .
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“I had an awesome time and saw and did so much!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had our driver Mel. He knows everything about everything. It was educational and a beautiful experience. No complaints :)

Atlanta, Georgia
40 attraction reviews
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I actually booked this tour close to midnight the day before, and I was very impressed that they were able to accommodate me. It is also worth noting that they were a bit cheaper than other tour companies. I got picked up at my hotel which was close to the airport, and then we headed to Hard Rock Cafe to pick the rest of the passengers. The bus was small and cosy and as a result, I slept all through the journey there.

We started off at the Skylon tower (which only a few people got out for), and then did the Maid of the Mist boat experience (which was great!). It was a rainy, chilly day, and that could have ruined our whole experience but Mel made it cheerful for us with this witty quips and interesting facts. After the falls, we went to a little cute town called Niagara-On-The-Lake for about an hour or two. There are lots of quaint, vintage, British-inspired shops where you can buy (pricey) souvenirs and also lots of nice little restaurants and bakeries. I suggest you pack your own sandwiches if you are on a budget.

Our final stop was a local winery where we were shown a few different wines and were allowed to taste them as well. They were available for purchase and they offered to ship them to your destination (in case you had custom restrictions) but the prices were way out of my budget.

Overall, I thought Chariots of Fire was very professional, organized and made my experience enjoyable. I would recommend to anyone looking to take a Niagara tour.

P.S - Melvin gave us each a complimentary cookie box at the end of our tour...yum!

Visited October 2012
Aberdeen
18 attraction reviews
“Very good trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Picked up outside the Hard Rock Cafe in Toronto we went with Mel, our driver, to Niagara, Niagara on the lake and to a winery. Mel is very knowledgeable and provided us with lots of interesting facts along the way. We stopped initially at the Skylon Tower and then did the 'Maid in the mist' boat trip. These were both interesting. Niagara on the lake wasn't so good, just a touristy village, but the winery on the way back was interesting but expensive. If you want a well planned trip and want to leave that planning to someone else then I can recommend none better that Chariots Of Fire.

14 attraction reviews
“Amazing day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I would agree with some other reviewers that the day did seem a little rushed, but then again, it did mean we got to see a lot, and still have our evening free to do what we wanted, plus one of the v few to pick up from the airport area.
Mel the driver was very helpful as we also wanted to do a helicopter ride, which did mean missing either the trip to niagara on the lake or the winery which we hadn't known prior to booking the tour, so handy to know if you want to do this. We had chosen to miss the winery, but as the weather started to turn he called the helicopter company and found that we could go immediately and miss the village instead. The helicopter ride was pricey at 135CAD for 20 mins, but well worth every penny, and it really topped off a brilliant day in style. Plus we still made it to the winery to try out the ice wine which was yummy.
The only possible downsides were the lack of toilet facilities on the coach and no stops scheduled between the winery and toronto.

Staffs
“Top Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Upon planning our trip to Toronto and knowing that we wanted to visit Niagara Falls we looked at all the tour operators, Chariots of Fire offered an extensive itinerary at a great price. The tour was very well organised and we had a few freebies on the way!! We loved the Maple biscuits.

Mel was our driver and tour guide and he was both knowledgeable and entertaining. We visited the falls with a boat ride on the Maid of the Mist (which was included in the price), Skylon tower, numerous photo opportunities, the beautiful town of Niagara on the Lake and finally a quick stop at a local vineyard for a taste of the famous Canadian Ice wine, with free samples!!

All in all a memorable and enjoyable day, I just wished we could have had a little more time at each location. Thanks to Mel & Chariots of Fire for making this trip one to remember.. :-)