“Great patio near CN tower and baseball field” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steam Whistle Brewery

Steam Whistle Brewery
The Roundhouse | 255 Bremner Blvd., Toronto, Ontario M5V 3M9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 362-2337
Type: Breweries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Located within walking distance of the CN Tower and Rogers Center, Steam Whistle Brewing occupies Bays 1-24 within the old John Street Roundhouse building, a designated National Historic Site that was previously home to the Canadian Pacific Railway steam locomotive repair facility. Thousands of visitors visit this brewery every year to attend one of the on-site events or take a tour of how the company brews its own Pilsner.
Boston, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
“Great patio near CN tower and baseball field”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed having a beer at Steam Whistle. The patio was active after a blue jays game, and it was on our way to the CN tower. The only negatives, were that they only have 1 type of beer, a pilsner, and they close at 6:00pm.

Visited May 2013

Windsor, Canada
58 attraction reviews
“Average beer, Average tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've been on several brewery tours now and this was definitely my least favorite. Our tour started at 3:30 and didn't end until 4:30. The tour guide often got off point and seemed to ramble a bit. The group that started at 4:00 ended at the same time as us. Beer isn't that great, but you get 2 tasting glasses and a bottle of beer.

Milton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

It was an outstanding tour we had. I tend to ask alot of questions and the guide was very knowledgeable. I loved that in the info, this amazing beer is brewed under the bavarian purity standards and therefore no chemicals. Wow! With all the chemicals around us it is great to know, I have a beer that is good for me. I used to buy Upper Canada, no longer around, and here in Toronto there is a micro brewery that has the same standards. I liked that I did not feel rushed, and we could even chat afterwards in the room. I find myself after a beer , want a few nibbles, suggestion is to have a mini possible Bistro that you can pay for a few appetizers or goodies that are as natural as the beer.

Visited December 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
73 attraction reviews
“Cool brewery near CN Tower”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited here while in Toronto. The brewery is located directly across from the CN Tower. The brewery is in a very cool spot (an old warehouse) and has longstanding connections to Ontario. They brewery has a tasting room where they give samples. They only make one type of beer, a pilsner. It was quite good. They brewery also has a cool giftshop with Steam Whistle swank. We also took a tour of the brewery. The tour was really interesting and our guide was great. Recommended even if you do not like beer.

Fairview Park, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“Great beer...great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We decided to make Steam Whistle Brewery the first stop in our Toronto weekend trip, since it was conveniently located near our hotel. The tour was great, and a great value. With the tour we got a sample glass of beer, then a bottle of beer to start the tour, then another sample and bottle at the end of the tour! All of that, plus the tour and a six pack to take home, was only $15. The tour itself was very informative with respect to the history of the building and the brewing process. We definitely enjoyed the tour, and the 6 pack!!