“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel

You added Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel to your Saves list
Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2V4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
New York City, New York
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Stellar design, thoughtful, artistiv, technical yet functional (heated bathroom floors!!) this is one of my favorite hotels. A beautiful rooftop bar, well stocked gym and yoga studio, delicious and varied dining options; I found myself not wanting to leave the hotel at all. The only things I could find flawed were minor and related to room service, which is kind of disappointing when all else is in such a superstar category, and really only required some critical thought from the employees. Spaghetti and meatballs and a salad should not come with mayo, ketchup and mustard but rather Parmesan for example. Timing was quite off for breakfast by about a half hour one morning, and an order taker got argumentative about having an omelette prepared as scrambled the next morning. Still, if these are my only concerns, and taking into consideration I am paying a low price for high quality food from a diner no matter how gourmet, I can safely say this is a hotel stay I look forward to repeating and recommending.

• Stayed June 2013
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear nyctraveler83,

Thank you for your review, we always appreciate hearing from our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and experience with us.

You are absolutely right your spaghetti and meat balls should not be accompanied by the condiments you mentioned; I do apologize for this error and assure you that this is not the standard accompaniments to this particular order.

Connect with us on your next visit so that we may update your profile and make this right.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a business trip. Hotel is full of beautiful people many of them work there!
Location is just great, rooms are very well equipped and comfortable. The real highlight is the roof terrace with a very trendy bar and amazing views of the Toronto skyline.
OK prices in the hotel for food and drink are steep but no more than expected in an establishment at this level.
Would love to go back one day and will stay in the Thompson again. Special mention for Albert just a great front of house guy

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view lower floors overlook a building site across the street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Phil H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to join us on our Rooftop Lounge and bar.

I know Albert will be very pleased to hear your special mention, thank you for your acknowledgment.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were visiting Toronto for a wedding and stayed at the Thompson Toronto. The hotel has an European flavor, opting for glass and wood over carpeting and large pictures, etc. We found this decor to be very refreshing and stylish. Given the amount of windows in the room, there was plenty of natural light which made everything more inviting. The staff was helpful and friendly. Also, we liked the security feature where you need to use your hotel key card to operate the elevator. Finally, the hotel is in a good location in the city; walkable to everything. This hotel is definately a keeper!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear CorpSpy,

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our Summer Rooftop hours have officially began so hopefully on your next visit you can enjoy our Rooftop Infinity Pool as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon!

Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

In short its a place that effectively created an image of style and luxury, through advertising and location, but falls well short of earning anything better than an average rating.
I'm at the hotel right now and so far the staff were slow, took over 30min for our drinks order at 4pm... Not like it was busy or anything. The food order was brought cold, and wrong. When I sent it back they returned within 10min with the exact same order, only this time with a new topping... Still not what I had ordered. At least if it had been a new meal I wouldn't have cared, but to bring back the same cold incorrect dish... Seriously...
Still here and hoping the rest of the evening has some better luck.

Room Tip: Room could be better if you demand something on the 6th or higher floor... Otherwise you have no vie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kosono75,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we truly appreciate hearing from our guests.
While we strive to provide our guests with the exceptional service and experience our guests expect from Thompson Hotels, it is very clear that we have fallen short in this instance, for this I would like to offer my deepest apologies.

We had opened our rooftop earlier than planned due to the above normal temperatures for our guests to enjoy. As a result we did experience some issues with regards to service on this particular day. I assure you that we are working hard to address the issues which you brought forward to us and again I do truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon so that you can experience the level of service and atmosphere which the Thompson Toronto is known for.

toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hosted a party at the rooftop. The service at the Thompson was top notch! The food and drink were incredible...the atmosphere was FUN and the hotel rooms were great. We are so grateful that we chose the Thompson to host our event and look forward to another stay in the future. What a swanky and sexy hotel!!

Room Tip: Tenth floor...worth every penny!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear tjs_toronto,

Thank you for review, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Thompson is super cool. Gorgeous design, delicious food (I recommend ordering the friend chicken late at night) and excellent atmosphere. It's located near everything fun and hip. Really the perfect place for a celebration, a romantic getaway or a way to spice up a dull work trip.

It's be hard to find a better place to stay in Toronto.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tjs_toronto,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Thompson Hotel May 3-5 for a conference. I was thrilled to see this modern, sophisticated hotel as part of the downtown core of Toronto. I arrived in the afternoon, asked for an upgrade and Olah was happy to provide.

The room was modern, comforatble and felt like home. It allowed me to feel so comfortable that in my spare time I got a great deal of writing done.

The bar in the hotel is very popular. One reviewer said. "The Thompson Hotel in Toronto has the buzz and "beautiful people" vibe of any club in NYC or LA. The rooftop pool/lounge deck has amazing views. Bang on

The main restaurant Scapta is one of the best in the city. i had the beef on farro and beet salads on two occasions. They meet beef tenderloin great (of course its Alberta beef) and the pana cota the best I've tasted.

There diner is also very good.

Would I recommend this.? Highly

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Barry L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner in Scarpetta as well as the Thompson Diner.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Director or Rooms

Been to Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel? Share your experiences!