“Weekend Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel

You added Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel to your Saves list
Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2V4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Canada
“Weekend Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent 2 nights at the Thompson and was impressed with the service and accommodations. The front desk staff were professional helpful and polite. The room was amazing modern comfortable and the bathroom was outstanding. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SayeKokeh, General Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Hol0126,

Delighted to hear your comments, thank you for sharing with us!

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Thompson Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was hands down the best place I ever stayed at. Everybody from the doorman to the bar staff made this one unforgettable experience. The two bars are very upper class. even wearing a sport blazer and tie I felt underdressed. I only spent one night at this place but really wish I had the time to spend three. Toronto is a beautiful and city and this hotel is a perfect fit for it. It is a upper class stay and requires some class to be at. Would not spend a weekend here as a family with kids. A great couples stay or buisness class stay.

Room Tip: It doesn’t matter what room you get they are all excellent. Although with the rooftop bar and pool...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Benefits G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Perhaps you could return with your children to visit us in The Thompson Diner for our classic chocolate milk shake, always a big hit with the kids!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property,

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at the Thompson for two nights despite reading some negative reviews on tripadvisor. My expectations were exceeded in almost every aspect of the hotel. The front desk and concierge were very helpful, notably Sara and Samantha. Both ladies did their jobs very well from assisting me with directions or dining options to providing me any additional amenities I required. They were a welcoming sight throughout my stay always with a smile on their faces. The rooftop was closed one night but I did get to enjoy it the second night and the service was impeccable. The only downside was that room service took slightly longer than anticipated but the server was pleasant and apologetic. I recommend this hotel and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SayeKokeh, General Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Andrew_w_Murphy,

I am delighted to hear from you and will be sure to pass on your comments directly to our staff. We truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

When we booked two rooms at the Thompson we stated our bed preferences. I called again a few days before our arrival and was assured that my profile reflected our preferences and would be provided. Upon check in, two young girls trying to act pretentiously insisted that the hotel was completely sold out and could not provide us with the rooms we reserved. These girls still require much training in customer service. The lobby was very empty throughout our stay. While the rooms are spacious, they are nothing special. Definitely not anything like a W both in quality of the rooms and especially the service. (The shower wasn’t see through either.) There wasn’t a coffee maker or clock radio in the room. They were miserly with towels. We were surprised at the hazard in the shower. A glass shelf protrudes about chin level at the entrance to the shower. The washroom was not very clean. The beds weren’t great, poor support. The rooms were not very sound proof. If you do go to this hotel, park at the green P across the park for a fraction of the $45/night cost.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SayeKokeh, General Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Snowf1ake,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

At the time of booking we do reserve specific room types and send a confirmation with the particulars of the booking. Please connect with me directly and I will look into the particulars of your reservation.

While standard rooms do not feature coffee machines we do offer 24 hour room service for drip coffee as well as espresso based coffee. All of our guest rooms have a bedside table clock/ipod dock so that you are able to listen to the music of your choice.

It is unfortunate that you did not find our Serta Perfect Sleeper, platinum collection mattresses, to your satisfaction.

The walls in the shower are indeed frosted glass to offer some privacy and the shelf sits at 4’6”. Our rooms exceed industry safely standards.

Your comments with regards to customer service are not a representation of the service which our staff prides themselves upon.

I invite you to speak with me to discuss your experience at our property.

Warm Regards,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just stayed in the Thompson for a couple of nights on a work trip and was very happy. My room was spacious and comfortable, lots of light, and great for working in - desk had plenty of space and the wifi was excellent - if pricey. The staff were incredibly helpful and courteous at all times - telling me the best places to watch the football for one thing - and couldn't have been kinder. I only ate at the pool bar, but the food was great. Didn't have a chance to check out the Diner unfortunately. Breakfast looked amazing. And the staff around the rooftop bar were amazing when it got a little chilly, lighting the heaters and bringing blankets - so nice.

My only criticism was that my room didn't get made up in the two days I was there. Someone had clearly been into my room, as the mini-bar was re-stocked, but my bed wasn't made or the room made up. This was a little disappointing. Also, there were no extra blankets or anything in my room, which I needed at 2am.

But overall, a lovely hotel, great location and wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SayeKokeh, General Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Steve N,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. Our guests are very important to us and we truly appreciate your comments. Our guest rooms are serviced daily, I will share your comments with our Director of Housekeeping and ensure this does not happen again.

I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our staff, we always enjoy hearing positive feedback from our guests.

We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was at this hotel as a guest of a wedding this past weekend and I must say after many years of staying at luxery hotels, this may top my list. From the moment we were greeted, the staff we accommodating and polite and extrememly efficient, they make ever guest feel as though they are the most important priority. The food was amazing and I can not say more about the vibe of the hotel.

The stay itself was wonderful, the beds were so comfortable and the room was clean and inviting.

I recommend this hotel and the restaurants and bars on site. would never have a second though about recommending this hotel to anyone visiting this city looking for the right mix of upscale environment with the comforts of home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SayeKokeh, General Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear PepperBB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we are most delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Thompson Toronto is similar to Starwood's W concept, but done better. My room was spacious, with lots of light and all of the amenities you would expect including radiant bathroom floors (something important for the Canadian winters). The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SayeKokeh, General Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear UrbanVenturer,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property, we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Warm Regards,

Thompson Toronto

Been to Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel? Share your experiences!