“Cheap, clean, hip but no frills..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport

You added Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 5E7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #76 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Sudbury, Canada
“Cheap, clean, hip but no frills..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Think of it as a bargain basement W. Hip lighting and decor doesn't hide it's econoboxness...need a clean place to sleep near airport...voila. $10 parking fee. I'd stay again, but wouldn't go out of my way to seek it out...

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Dann K,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Grass Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was my first stay at an Indigo property. I'm an Ambassador member of the IC group so I've stayed in almost all the brands. This was a let down because it is so old and worn. I thought the idea behind Indigo was it was a little on the hip side. The carpet is really dirty and one of the two elevators was not working. The walls seem very thin because I can hear everyone talking as they walk down the hall. I don't believe they're being loud....It's sound insulation.
Now, on the upside.....The rooms are in a lot better shape than the common areas. Great big desk to work on. Fast internet connection. Good lighting and a great bathroom.

The staff is really great!! As another reviewer said, they go out of their way to be helpful and cheery.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear CAtrkr,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Ambassador member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Your comments about the carpet has been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night . Had a leisure room with king bed and stand up shower . floors were wood-laminate quiet and gave a feeling of no dirt like carpets hide . Room clean , modern and comfortable. Microwave and mini fridge . The bed was very comfortable and different pillows to choose from . Front desk staff was friendly , and check in fast . We were given a goody bag with water and granola bar. The hotel is right by airport , we heard a few planes until 10:30 pm then not much after.
Lobby has a small store with refreshments and snacks. Parking was not included it was $5 a night . Would say this hotel rates a 7 out of ten .

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

As with all other airport hotels I have stayed at, the area sucks, but thats to be expected. The actual hotel is nice and modern with a glowing blue (indigo?) light at night. Hardwood floors were nice and different, bathroom was clean, airport noise wasn't too bad. You CAN hear the planes on the outside during the day but when you're sleeping its hardly a problem. I didn't find it a problem at all and was able to sleep (well except for the jetlag on my first night).

Location is good if you want to be near airport. To get downtown there is a TTC bus that is just up the road that takes you to Kipling station then train which takes about an hour all up to get to downtown Toronto for one fare ($3.25?). Free airport shuttle runs on the half hour I think and reliable. You need to book 2 hrs ahead to go to airport and call hotel from airport for pick up. I changed my mind at the last minute and went half hour earlier which wasn't a problem for them.

The breakfast (ala carte) is decently priced but not much selection. Nearby options are coffee time plus some other cafes which open after 7, I think. Subway is 24 hours and about a ten min walk. Hooters nearby too. As well as a strip club "the landing strip"! I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around at night to be honest. There is parking available at a fee. $10/nt or $5/nt for elite IHG Rewards club members. Plenty of parking with hotel access from the parking station. The rooftop parking is a decent place for plane spotting too.

The gym was fairly decent, so was the pool. They're located on the basement level along with business centre.

Platinum elite members get greeted with complimentary bottles of water as well as the cheaper parking rates.

Only issues I had were missing hairdryer and broken coffee maker. A call to reception and 5 min later a house person came up with replacements. Staff really friendly.

I have stayed at another Toronto airport hotel (HI express) but this one is the pick for next time.

• Stayed July 2013
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Check in was smooth, all staff were very friendly. Our room was clean and very nice. Hardwood is a nice touch. The bathroom is huge - only a standup shower but it's very big.
The bed was very comfortable. When we needed more towels they came in minutes.
We expected to hear a lot of noise from the planes but it's quite soundproof inside.
Great hotel all around!

Room Tip: If you get a room on the second floor you can access it directly from the parking garage.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I LOVED THIS HOTEL!! from the exceptional and friendly frond desk service... to the great decor and amenities, this was a fantastic find. I booked it on priceline for only $45!! this was a monday, but still a great price for such a fantastic hotel. they have a park and fly option, 8 days parking with a room 1 night and shuttle service to the airport for $129.
the restaurant was a fantastic surprise, for a hotel restaurant. The morning bagel and smoked salmon ranks as the best breakfast value I have ever had. had a few drinks there in the eve too, a very nice place with great service.

this place has a gym, a hot tub, a pool, a steam sauna, a dry sauna, free newspapers, and a great atmosphere... 1 cannot ask for more from a hotel in this price bracket...

also the beds... this place may rate a 3 star, but the beds are a 5. loved it!!

Room Tip: second floor has direct parking access, and nice rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

So I have to admit, I am somewhat of a HotWire junkie, especially when I am looking for an overnight deal when travelling, and admittedly have had so/so luck.

I had my reservations, as I had never heard of Hotel Indigo, but I should have known better, it is one of the AWESOME deals I managed to get. It is described as a boutique hotel, and it is, it's gorgeous, clean, well decorated, with nice, professional staff. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the water pressure was great. Given its close proximity to the airport and the 427, I thought noise might be a problem, I was wrong, it was quiet, very quiet. I am a light sleeper, and had no complaints, or disturbances. My wake up call was on time, and the shuttle was quick, and efficient, and the driver very courteous. I think I may have found my permanent airport home :). I highly recommend it.

The only down side, was the parking. While there is ample, covered parking ( which is nice when you travel during our Canadian winters), there is only access to the hotel via one level (floor 4). Not a problem for me, I did not mind the walk, but could be an issue if you have mobility trouble.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!