“GREAT for Stay, Park and Fly from YYZ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport

You added Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 5E7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #76 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“GREAT for Stay, Park and Fly from YYZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Not sure what the other reviewers were talking about? But we found this place to be great. Parking was only $60 for the week compared to an $80 coupon from Park n'Fly or the overpriced GTAA parking. (I used my Holiday Inn Points for the room.) The Hotel had that typical Indigo smell and styling (wood floors, nice colours and amenities). We arrived around 9pm for our morning departure and were greeted by a cheerful receptionist. The only complaint was the squeaky bed spring but for a 6 hour sleep, it wasn't that bad or worth complaining about. We certainly appreciated the two bottles of water upon check in.
Advice:if leaving your car for a trip, try to get a parking spot in the covered portion of the garage and if possible, at the end of a row or nice a tight to a pillar to reduce the possibility of door dings. And don't worry about the airplanes asking off from the airport, they stop around midnight...

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

we stayed at the Indigo before our departure the next day for 18 days in Europe. We left our car in their covered garage. The hotel is a typical Indigo in that it is perhaps basic but very comfortable. At first we wondered if we had made the right choice since one of the main flight paths for landing aircraft is right over the hotel. The aircraft types are of the smaller variety but it was a non issue anyway since the flights stopped by 8:30 PM. We went to bed early to be ready for an early rise and then a long flight. The curtains made the room dark enough for our early turn-in and we did get a good nights sleep. We had ordered the shuttle and it arrived on time for the early and very quick ride to Terminal 1. On our return we called from the airport and the shuttle was there with perhaps a 5 min wait. Given that we had left Amsterdam at midnight Toronto time that day we were glad for the prompt pick-up. The car was still there and undisturbed. This hotel is a great choice for its price point. Clean, comfortable, safe / covered parking, short ride to the airport, and prompt service when we returned. I would not suggest it for day use due to the airline traffic unless the person can sleep through anything. There are many good dining options near-by, some are within walking distance.

Room Tip: To avoid the airport noise as much as possible, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. For pa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I like the Hotel Indigo chain so booked here. This property is clearly not up to chain standards and I would be is owned by a franchisee. Really awkward layout requiring you to take an elevator to the 4th floor, walk across the hallway to take another elevator. There was some story about the hotel having to remove floors for a new airport runway but, blah, blah, blah, all it means for guests is an unfortunate experience when you're just off a long flight. I was in room 534, which was the absolute furthest room from the front desk, but the front desk person noted that it was great if I wanted to smoke in the stairwell. I don't smoke, but if I did, I wouldn't think it as top form to smoke in the stairwell, and even less impressive to suggest it.

As I often have to (when will they learn?) I had to move the bed away from the wall to access a power socket. The baseboard had totally come off of the wall so it was clear that the room had not been maintained in they way it probably should.

$80 would probably be a fair price for this hotel if you do choose to stay.

Room Tip: Ask not to stay above the 4th floor or you will be playing elevator roulette.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear megoreilly,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

Connie D
Newcastle, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in October (pardon my late review) and out of the 10 or so hotels we stayed in around the America/Canada this was one of the worst. We arrived at 2am after a long drive and the receptionist could not find our booking, we had only booked at 8pm so i guess this could have been a mistake on the booking agents behalf.

We were woken at around 6am by a plane, while im sure the glass is designed to reduce as much noise as possible. While i was looking out the window i saw the next one take off, you can literally see in the plane windows... so close here is a landing light on the building opposite. We chose this hotel as we wanted somewhere close but not in Toronto as we wanted to see some of the surrounding area too, it took around 40 minutes to drive in, the reception were very helpful on where to park, what to see etc.

On our second night, our friends were kept up by a party in the next room, possibly an isolated incident but still not an enjoyable one. Parties and planes can make you all grouchy!

Finally on the last night we wanted to stay local and have a drink, it had a hooters which was great for watching the NFL and having food, between that and the hotel was a sex shop and strip club. Possibly not the best location for families.

Rooms were acceptably in clenleness and facilities, large in size but only had a shower and not a bath. We were on the top floor and had to get 2 elevators to the reception which was a little frustrating.

While i am sure this hotel is ideal for using/working at the Airport, as a base to discover Toronto and its surrounding attractions i would recommend somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear GetCarlos,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

We hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I arrived to my hotel around 1pm and because it wasn't 3pm I was charged a $35 fee. Ive stayed here before and that was never the case but they claim this is a new policy!

However Ive stayed at many hotels as I travel frequently and this is never been a policy or issue so I would never use this hotel again only because now it seems they are penny pushing rather than operating with fair customer service. We all know they have rooms available so why would you charge people??

Anyway there are tons of other hotels around so if you arrive early i suggest you stay somewhere else or even in general!

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear hu5tler,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in May 2013 as I was speaking at a conference near the airport and was just passing through Toronto on my way to another country.

First impressions were quite good, the front desk staff were friendly and made a real effort to provide the quietest possible room once I told them it was a business trip.

The room was clean and well-stocked and throughout our stay we had no issues with noise from either inside or outside the hotel.

We ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was great, prices were good but service was slow and finding a member of staff to assist was sometimes difficult.

We visited the gym - of the two treadmills available, one was broken, in that, the "increase speed" button was pressed in so when you tried to set it to a certain speed, it would just keep getting faster and faster until you had to shut it off - could definitely be a safety hazard.

There was one other treadmill that was perfectly functional, a step machine and a multi-gym machine but no free weights.

The pool was fairly small but the hot tub looked nice except it was taped off and had a notice attached to it stating that it had been closed by the Health Inspector!!

Overall, we were fairly satisfied as we travel lots and have stayed in far worse places...that was, until we were checking out and heard the staff member at the front desk being extremely rude to another customer and the driver of the shuttle that was taking us to the airport.

For that reason alone, we would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Just ask - the female member of staff on the front desk was very helpful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Theitodds,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am happy to read you enjoyed the food served and found the rooms clean. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered with the gym facilities during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the quality of the service you witnessed from one of our hotel staff. We will certainly discuss your comments with the appropriate departments for improvements needed.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I needed a Toronto Airport hotel the night before an early morning flight, and in an effort to save money booked a "secret" hotel deal on Expedia. After paying $67 I was given the name of the hotel and found I was booked into the Hotel Indigo on Carlingview.

I wasn't too concerned as it was simply a place to lay my head for the night so that I didn't need to make the hour + drive at 4am.

first impression - exterior is fairly bland, dated. Lobby is dark, appears to have undergone renos to try and appear contemporary. Hallways are narrow, cold feeling, stained carpets, layers of paint on the walls. Nothing spectacular.

The room itself is nice with hardwood floors, a king bed, and a contemporary bathroom. No tub though which was a disappointment, but it seemed a great option for the value given the one night stay.

Unfortunately I was mistaken. I quickly learned that the walls in this hotel must be made of rice paper as every sound can be heard.

The neighbours in the adjacent room were engaging in very loud "coitus" as Sheldon Cooper would say. I heard everything from the squeaking mattress, to the headboard against the wall to the other vocalizations of the couple. GROSS!!!

When this continued into what should be quiet hours I called the front desk..they offered to move me to another room, which at 11pm when I had a 6am flight was not a suitable option. I suggested they move the couple who were keeping me (and presumably anyone else nearby) awake with their sexcapades. They promised to send someone up which presumably they did as I heard doors open and close, and it was suddenly quiet.

Unfortunately every other sound in the hotel kept me from having any sleep let alone an enjoyable one. Would NOT return again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear MaribelleBMF,

Thank you for the candid review of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I do apologize that some of the other guests kept you from a peaceful night sleep and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
IHGCare

Been to Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!