“Perfect boutique hotel near airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 5E7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #75 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Montreal
“Perfect boutique hotel near airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was in Toronto for Business from February 19-25, 2013. My meetings were near the Pearson Airport. This hotel is well priced and renovated. The rooms are clean, and Indigo are well decorated. They have spacious rainforest showers in each room. This hotel has a nice pool, jaccuzi and a steam room. The staff are friendly and the service is excellent. If you need to be near the Airport this is the perfect place! I would recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Orangeville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel. Last visit was June 2012.
Location is close to the airport. You will need a vehicle or taxi to get to local dining or entertainment as there is very little within a short walking distance.

Front desk service was excellent.

Rooms have hardwood floors instead of carpet. Since my last visit, the floors have shrunk leaving up to 1" gaps in spots. Room is showing some wear and the room I stayed in had stains on the walls and ceiling.

I was given a room on the 5th floor. To get to the 5th floor, you must get off at the 4th floor and either take the stairs or switch to a dedicated elevator that runs only between floors 4 and 5.

Flat screen TVs are on the walls however stations are not HD so images are stretched. This room had a mini fridge, microwave, and safe. Wireless internet is free and is fast. Bed was very comfortable.

Parking is reasonable and there is a parking garage. Without a room key, you must walk down to the main floor and outside to the main entrance. Once you have a key, there is access from every floor of the garage to the stairwell of the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room on 5th floor. Need to switch elevators on 4th floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear RCDS_Family,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Grand Haven, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I wanted to like this place...the concept sounds interesting & enjoyable. This was my first stay at one of the IHG/Hotel Indigo brand properties and if this experience is an indication of what this brand is all about, count me out. This is an older hotel with a quick paint & wallpaper job, some cheap modern furniture, and a new name. The rooms have limited electrical outlets (only 1 at the desk in the lamp & it didn't work), no hair dryer, squeaky mattress, low water pressure in the shower, and a lot of noise from the inbound airplanes arriving on final approach to Pearson Int'l Airport (even though I was told the windows were triple-paned to prevent noise intrusion). This place can't be fixed any better than the ownership has done, so don't expect any improvements beyond what has been done). It's a poor choice for anyone who plans to do anymore than get a quick night of sleep (preferably with an Ambien assist). I was booked for 2 nights but I departed after one uncomfortable night and found better quarters.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear psnevets,

Thank you for your sharing your experience with us.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not live up to the expectation and that there were a number of factors that marred your visit. Please accept my sincere apologies for you didn't find our hotel to your liking and if some items in your room didn't work well.

I regret that you found these aspects of your stay displeasing, your feedback will be discussed with the management team and will be taken into considerations for future improvements.

Dhan M
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Average hotel accommodations in a convenient location. Rooms were better than average, so were the beds, AC didn't work in my room which was annoying. The work out room was really nice but the pool was out of service due to something about a health code violation. That is kind of scary. The food at the restaurant was average.

The last night I was there the fire alarm went off 2 times during the middle of the night 2 AM and 3:30 AM. The 2nd time it went off I walked out into the hallway and is was pitch dark. No power. Called down to the desk and they said everything was okay. The next day I asked if they were doing anything to comp the guests and they told me no. It was not the hotels fault. Regardless, it sucked.

My review sounds negative but it is not intended to be. For the price this is a fine hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear jackcharles,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable. However, allow me to apologize that you were inconvenienced by the condition of the air conditioning system and fire alarm. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I sincerely hope that next time you're in the area you give our hotel another try.

Regards,

Pam G.
Newfoundland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Overnight here recently. Excellent service. Room was ready for early check in. Shuttle service was fast and efficient. Hotel rooms well worth the price we paid. Gym was small but I was able to get use of the equipment. As for the pool it was being renovated. Great location and excellent price

just a note- We wet to the Keg down the road and enjoyed a delicious supper!

• Stayed April 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is dated and needs to have a good update including it equipment such as the air conditioning heating system. The covered yet very outdoor parking, was kind of scary at night because you can only enter at certain levels, confusing to get around in unfamiliar territory, if someone is following you, that could be scary.

Room Tip: looks like an old prison, concrete and not inviting
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Rob R,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with the air conditioning and parking issues you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel was everything that we were looking for. We stayed one night and took the shuttle to the airport in the morning to catch a early morning flight.
The shuttle does not run between 2am and 4 am so I was worried that we would not make it to the airport early enough for our international flight, but we took the 4am shuttle and we were there in plenty for time.
We left our car in their covered parking for the week we were gone and it was perfectly safe there.
Liked the look of the hotel it was cute and very quiet ( you can here the planes but that's to be expected when staying 5 min from an airport.)
We called the shuttle when we were ready to be picked up and they were there in 20 min.
Would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!