“Great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport

You added Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 5E7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #76 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while visiting Toronto and while we were going to the Banff national Park. We had a really nice experience here. It was clean, the staff was courteous, it was very quite.
We really liked the way it is decorated and the pool area.
The shuttle worked really well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Manitouwadge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

For travellers, its a good place to lay your head between flights. The rooms are clean with squeeky laminate floors. The bright blue light shining into your wondow is VERY BRIGHT....both nights we got stuck with that shining into our room! Beds are very comfy. The front desk people are courteous, the restaurant....well good thing Joshua is there, he ran ragged but always pleasent and never ever lost his cool, and the food was good too! It does the job for some quick shut eye!

Room Tip: The Blue lights are very bright!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear rodbeth2008,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside light. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Antioch, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a layover in Toronto so looked for somethign close to the airport. I was very satisfied with this hotel. Staff were wonderful and the room very clean. Those are the two most improtant things I look for when staying at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here before and after a trip south and used their park and fly package.
Staff friendly and efficient; airport shuttle worked well.
We had two surprisingly good meals at the restaurant (burgers and sandwiches).
Garage a bit of a tight squeeze with numerous cars parked outside of the marked parking spaces.
Rooms very tired, worn out - scuffed wood floors, marks on doors and walls, rusty fixtures in bathroom; my wife even dismantled the bed to satisfy herself that the sheets were clean. No temperature control - hot all night. Plumbing issues - toilet blocked, sink slow to drain. Right at end of the airport runway so quite noisy from 6am until past midnight.
Overall adequate for stopover as long as you are not paying a lot.

Room Tip: if you want anything other than very basic then pick a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear bruce14,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. It is great to know that our staff was friendly and our shuttle service was efficient. However, I sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of your room. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and appropriate actions will be taken to rectify this instance.

Despite this, I hope you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

What a tarnish to the brand! I have stayed at Indigo in NY and had great experiences. This was an old worn out hotel that was trying to do better. Had to take two elevators to get to the 5th floor. Amenities were poor (motel soap and hair shampoo).

I am in the industry and am a Priority Club member but have advised the travel team to never book our people there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear AllycatCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel in the area.

Krysllin G.
the netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

There are many hotel options around YYZ airport, this is one of the cheaper ones. My guest room was properly sized and clean, pretty much standard. The wooden floor boards were worn and looked like a leftover from the 70's. Bed comfortable, good pillows and sheets. Heater in the room noisy and caused nasty draft so that I had to pull the blanket over my head. Never got the room really comfy warm.

Breakfast is a la carte, not buffet, with about four choices. My eggs came with toast & jam, sausages and potatoes. Generous portion, kept me running for the morning. Coffee was horrible, cup dirty. I paid $5 for parking, which was discounted for my loyalty card, otherwise 10.

The hotel is not only next to the airport but exactly in line with the runway, therefore, landing airplanes passing directly over the hotel, which is audible, but for me it was still acceptable.

I guess I got what I asked for the price, but next time I’d rather spend a little more for a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Indig0Management, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Germaniris,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay !! We do take your comments very seriously to constantly make improvements to our sevice and standards in the Hotel. If you would like to discuss your comments further please feel free to e mail me at eddie.stark@hotelindigotoronto.com . We do look forward to having you stay with us again when in the Toronto Airport area.

Best Regards,

Eddie Stark
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for the park and fly package .. the parking garage is a nice touch in the winter but when we arrived around 3pm there were only a few spots left most on the roof in the open so you would have to scrape the snow off the car anyway

The room was on the 2nd floor, very nice & clean..love the wood floors, large shower, beds were comfy
As others mentioned it is on the flight path & very noisy until very late when the planes stop then they start again around 6am
If you need to be up early this is great

We went to the restaurant for dinner, the place was pretty empty at 6pm & it was so cold we had to go back to the room to get our coats, we ate with our coats on
Not very good
The food was so so, hubby ordered a panini it came with toasted bread ..it was not grilled like a panini should be

The downside
First there were teens running up and down the hall to the pop & ice machine which was near our room
then some very rude adults that hung around in the hallway till around 4 am yelling up & down the hall, banging on their room doors, talking loud so people could not sleep
I called the front desk at 3:30am to see if they could do something about them

around 4 am I guess they got tired or fell over drunk but they finally were quiet unfortunately we were wide awake
Apparently when we were checking out the desk clerk said the night manager had been up several times to try to get them to be quiet

If we every fly out again I do not think I would sleep at this hotel

Room Tip: Make sure you ask where the room is ...do not stay near the elevators or pop machines we forgot to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear iht28,

Thank you for providing fedback regaring your stay, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed such aspects as our unique wood floors, large spa inspired showers and comfortable beds !

With regards to the hotel location on the flight path , we do offer double paned windows so as to aleviate any airplane noises from the outside. Hopefully this was to your satisfaction. As well we did have a heater breakdown in the restaurant which has since been repaired.

I do apologize regarding the noise from other guests and will be discussing this issue at our Management meeting to ensure we follow up and do what is necessary to remove the noisy parties. If you wold like to discuss any of these issue further, please e mail me at eddie.stark@hotelindigotoronto.com .

We do hope you will consider returning to stay with us again in the near future if you are in the Toronto Area.

Best Regards,

Eddie Stark

Been to Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!