“yep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport

You added Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 5E7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #76 of 140 Hotels in Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Phoenix Azizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just completed a third stay here. Found out about the hotel when looking at hotels on the IHG website a few years ago. I have stayed near the Toronto airport many times and did not know the hotel was there. The rooms are very well furnished with quaint wood flooring. There is a neat walk in shower that has a rain forest like sound when used. On all three visits the internet worked very well - fast with good signal in each of the rooms.

The staff of the hotel has been very friendly and helpful on all visits. If you are an aviation buff the hotel is under the approach to one of the runways. It was neat seeing a A380 coming in about 500 feet away. But don't work about the noise in the room - the rooms are very well sound proofed.

The hotel has a dining room or you can by foot find a number of places up the street.

I will be coming back on my next visit to Toronto !

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have a better view in my opinion
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Indig0Management, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear azrundfunk ,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback regarding your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

larjoy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great hotel for total price of $90 for one night!!! Stayed the one night to catch an early morning flight. Clean, comfy bed. 5 mins from Pearson and good restaurants within a 10 minute walk(such as the Keg). If you are a Hooters fan(we are not) there is one down the block. Nice staff!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Larry C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to share your comment regarding our staff with our team!! We hope to welcome you back when you are in the Toronto area in the future.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I literally just got dropped off by the hotel's shuttle service half an hour ago and am writing this review as I'm waiting to board my plane. I booked this hotel through hotwire the day before I was going to check in - the rate was very fair. The night time front desk gentleman was very professional and accommodating. I told him that I had a late flight the next day and was given a late check out so that I didn't have to wait around the airport too long.

The room was very modern, extremely clean and had a very responsive air conditioner/heater system. The bathroom was clean, the shower was hot and I loved the wooden floors. I loved the layout of the room, the flatscreen and was extremely impressed with how quiet the room was even though it was right under airplane routes. I had a look around the swimming pool, the gym and the hot steam area and everything was in pristine condition.

Only con about this place was that there was confusing with the shuttle transportation. I reconfirmed with the front desk three times that there would be a shuttle waiting for me at the preagreed time. I waited for 10 minutes, went back to the front desk (after they had changed shifts) and told them the shuttle hasn't arrived. It seemed like the previous shift hadn't called the shuttle driver even though I had asked them three times. The late afternoon shift personnel sincerely apologized for the oversight and called the driver. Thank goodness that I arrive at the airport on time. I'm sure with improved communication, this small issue will be eliminated.

I would return to this hotel if I needed a hotel close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Linda C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We have discussed the communication issue between the front desk shifts and the shuttle drivers to ensure we learn from this situation so that we can avoid it hapening in the future. I will ensure to share your great comments with our Team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed in many Indigo Hotels and this one is far below their standards.

The restaurant/lounge area is dark, heavy wood - not what you'd expect from an Indigo. And the food was poor. I had their cheeseburger which is usually decent but this looked like processed meat, dark gray throughout. I only ate at the bar once and the service was just "so, so". Due to the way he was dressed, I though the bartender was in hotel maintenance.

My bed moved around the floor when you sat on it and it sunk in the middle. There was a chair and ottoman but it was not very inviting as it was literally wedged between the nightstand and wall. Outlets were few are far between; what there were are very poorly located.

The business center is awful. It is antiquated as far as computers go and you have to stand up to use them. You are forced to type at a very odd angle which caused my face to be 2-3 inches from the screen - not great for reading what I'm typing!!! Obviously this was set up years ago before converting the property to an Indigo and ownership felt no need to spend the money to update the system. I couldn't even access Google Mail properly nor could I download and document from my Dropbox account.

The exterior signage was difficult to see due to the overgrown landscaping/trees and some of them looked to be completely faded away. Leaving the property is difficult as there is an overgrown bush/weed which blocks your view of oncoming traffic to the left.

All in all, there is no reason to stay at this hotel when there are so many other choices similarly located to the hotel.

I stayed here because it was an Indigo and really like the brand. If you come to this property expecting an Indigo you will be greatly disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Indig0Management, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear jch67 ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Our vision is to provide the best guest experience possible and we will be taking the necissary steps to continue to improve our services.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope you will continue to choose Hotel Indigo for your future travel needs. Please contact me via e mail at eddie.stark@hotelindigotoronto.com if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is quaint and the staff is friendly. The room was nicely decorated and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking was steep, but that seems to be par for the course by the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Indig0Management, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Kristyn417,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We do appreciate it and will ensure to pass on your great service comments to our team.

Stoney Creek, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on a recent business trip. Rooms were well appointed, flat screen tv, and wireless internet included in the room. Beds were a little soft for liking. All staff were friendly and helpful, and one fella in particular seemed to be working all the time. Pool was cold and the hot tub was very busy.

Room Tip: Busy hotel at all hours stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Indig0Management, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear DesPlans,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent Stay. We do use this feedback to continually improve our customer service in the Hotel. With regards to the pool temperature, we try to maintain it at 82 degrees and will certainly look into ensuring the temperature is kept at that levl in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back when travelling in the area again.

Eddie Stark

Been to Hotel Indigo Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!