“Beautiful and Memorable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ivy at Verity

You added The Ivy at Verity to your Saves list
The Ivy at Verity
4.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   111d Queen Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1S2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #3 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
“Beautiful and Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've been staying in Marriotts, Hiltons and Holiday Inns for over 4 years with work, but it's only by coming to The Ivy that I'm reminded how good a hotel experience you can have if you go to the boutique places.
The first thing is even though this is effectively 'an old boys club for women', my wife booked it for our first trip to Toronto and we both found it to be utterly beautiful, relaxing and a joy to stay in. We could happily move into room 3 and never leave, the bed and bathroom are brilliant, the honesty bar and espresso machine outside the room make you feel at home to come and go as you please, the staff were super friendly and helpful, and even though the spa is women only they allowed us in after hours. As for the George restaurant, we've never had a better tasting menu anywhere in the world. A rare foodie experience I'll not forget in a hurry.
One of those places that genuinely nourishes your body and mind. Can't say enough good things about it.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in Toronto for a conference and my wife accompanied me. I booked a nicer hotel so she could keep herself busy using the facilities!

She loved it (and so did I)! It's decorated in a classy feminine French style. Beautiful wallpaper, bamboo flooring, cast iron lamps, large balcony. What you see is what you get - the pics on the hotel website are accurate.

The ensuite bathroom was HUGE and was on its own bigger than some tiny hotel rooms in some big cities. Separate bath, shower and WC, with separate doors.

Female hotel guests get to use the facilities of the adjacent women's only club Verity - spa, gym, pool. But if you are a guy, sorry!

Both male and female guests get to use the library, computer room, hotel lounge.

Despite it being a tiny hotel with just 4 rooms, the reception is open 24 hours. Service was excellent (George in particular was very enthusiastic and always eager to help with any questions about Toronto/Ivy).

The only minor issue was that they serve the same breakfast every day - we stayed for 5 nights so the continental breakfast got a bit boring.

Possibly the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in! Not cheap, but worth every cent.

Stayed April 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Magnificent rooms, wonderful ambiance and terrific staff. Everyone went out of their way to ensure that our stay was perfection. The rooms are elegant, the bathrooms are spacious and beautiful. Free espresso is always a nice bonus. We were provided with homemade bath salts, so it was very difficult to leave their huge bathtub. I would come back in a heartbeat, and would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to treat themselves.

Room Tip: Only 4 rooms. They're all lovely. Spa/fitness/pool is for women only
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We hosted our wedding for family and friends recently. The service and food by chef, kitchen and serving staff alike was AMAZING! Coordinator Sonia, head server Andrew and a second young man whose name I unfortunately do not recall were attentive the entire night. Many of our guests are eager to return for a meal. Many also specifically spoke about how special they felt, from having their napkins folded to being asked whether they needed a refill of their beverage. Everything ran smoothly and on time. Not to mention the physical layout of the venue. The hotel was also BEAUTIFUL! We booked all 4 rooms and each were unique and spacious. The continental breakfast was simple and the ability to make a machine coffee or drink for yourself was a nice touch. My only recommendation is to improve the coffee; it was really weak! Go next door for a coffee; that too is great! I would not hesitate to recommend, and return, to George and the Ivy at Verity. Impeccable service makes all the difference and we could not have wished for more!!!!! Thank you to everyone who was involved in helping us realize our special day!

Room Tip: All rooms are great; some larger than others so if that is important, ask for room #4
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel, unique experience. Highly recommended. George Restaurant was also amazing. Friendly staff, good breakfast and complimentary drinks all day. We also liked the spa, which is for women only. A bit weird neighborhood, but quite close to everything.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
La Canada Flintridge, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love this place, love Toronto. Been here 3x in the past year and will be returning soon. Beautiful retreat. Wonderful to walk downstairs to George for dinner, to the spa for a massage, or up the street to the subway to get around the city. Staff is first rate, attentive, and respectful of my privacy. It's expensive but the price is fair.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A Gem in a perfect location. Where do I begin. I was greeted by a super nice and friendly staff. I was early for an appointment but interested in my wedding possibly there. I met with planner immediately who was a sweetheart. Just for any thinking about a wedding there, the prices can't be beat! When I returned I was taken up to my room. The hotel is so lush, with velvet, satin,art work, a library and lounge. One of my favourite features is the honour bar which has inexpensive drinks, free pop, and a espresso coffee machine and tea. The best part was it was right out my bedroom door. The continental breakfast was just the right amount and delicious. The room was just WOW! It was huge and the wonderful scent from the bath crystals was light yet a delight to the senses. The fixtures were unusual and very artsy. The bathroom was huge! Everything was soft and plush from towels, bedding and bath robes. I only had the pleasure of one night so not enough time to explore all the hotel and neighborhood had to offer. The menu was on a tablet, unlike some hotels where they are a bit used and messy. If you needed something, a friendly staff member was there quickly. I really can't say enough about this wonderful hotel and staff! Thank you for an amazing night!

Room Tip: There is 4 rooms, and any one of them is ideal
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Been to The Ivy at Verity? Share your experiences!