“Overnight stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Toronto Scarborough

You added Knights Inn Toronto Scarborough to your Saves list
Knights Inn Toronto Scarborough
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4694 Kingston Road, Toronto, Ontario M1E2P9, Canada (Formerly Howard Johnson Scarborough)   |
Ranked #126 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
London
“Overnight stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Fridge and freezer didn't work. Nothing was kept cold and the bathroom was very cold even with the heat on

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I arrived with a colleague to this motel for two nights for fitness training around 7:30pm.
Our first initial visual impression was kind of like: "uh oh... what have I gotten us into?".
When we entered the lobby, the staff was friendly and genuinely nice.
When I asked about the gym - listed on the hojo website, we were told that the gym was no longer there. This was kind of a let down as we had hoped we'd be able to have some space to practice our training other than in the room.
Our room was located in the second building in the back - more of a motel feel with a balcony and some rusty stairs that could use a clean up. There was little lighting on the staircase as well so it was hard to see where you were stepping.
When we arrived there were 2 -3 younger people hanging out by our room on the balcony - not smoking, just hanging out. This causes a red flag goes off in both us and made us feel a little uncomfortable.
When we accessed our room, we noticed that there was a stain on one of the sheets, and the inside latch lock was busted. There were also broken tiles, on the floor and around the door. It almost looked like the door had been kicked in at one time.
We called the front desk and asked why there were people hanging out on the balcony. The Hojo staff said they were probably just smoking, and that's allowed. But when we mentioned they weren't smoking he said he would be right up to talk to them and us.
He knocked on the door and said that they were probably just residents....
*People actually reside at this hotel. >:/
I asked him about the latch lock. The staff member said that the lock was missing due to fire code, and wasn't because anyone had previously kicked in it. We then requested a room change after showing the stains and mentioned how we didn't feel comfortable with the people hanging around outside.
When we accessed our new room, the room smelled musty, there was mold growing behind the toilet - however the sheets were clean, and there was a latch lock. Apparently latch locks aren't against the fire code, as this room had one. You could tell that this room hadn't been cleaned in a while as the room was dusty and the tiles had dirt on them.
The shower took about 10 minutes before the water heated up, the water pressure was low, and the fridge was not very cold - even after adjusting the dial on the back.
I decided to try the continental breakfast located in the dingy basement.
The breakfast of champion options were: White bread, brown bread, white cereal, bran cereal, white bagels, and waffles. This breakfast is not for the gluten sensitive so I passed.
I would not recommend this hotel. I was told by someone from the area to try Pickering next time I need to visit Scarborough over night, so if you are reviewing this in it's entirety, I would suggest doing the same.

Room Tip: If your lock latch is broken, it's not due to "fire code" issues. It's a B.S. excu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

First, if you are travelling with a dog, they will stick you in a basement room. Gross! The first room they offered me reeked of cigarette smoke. The second room hadn't been dusted in weeks. There was dust on every surface, including the headboard. The bedding did not fit the mattress and it slipped overnight revealing that I had been sleeping directly on an unprotected mattress. Double gross.I had to direct them to clean and outfit the room properly, which only helped moderately. I can't even think about the carpet, which was still impregnated with the previous dog's hair.

I don't need luxury, but I do need clean. I've been in frat boy rooms that were cleaner.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Knights Inn Toronto Scarborough? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Toronto Scarborough

Address: 4694 Kingston Road, Toronto, Ontario M1E2P9, Canada (Formerly Howard Johnson Scarborough)
Location: Canada > Ontario > Toronto
Ranked #126 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn Toronto Scarborough 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Knights Inn Toronto Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Scarborough Hotel Scarborough

If you own or manage Knights Inn Toronto Scarborough, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.