“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
12 Brant Street, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2M1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 6,800 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Amherstburg, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Loved this restaurant. Enjoyed the best steak I have ever eaten with tableside Caesar salad preparation. Excellent waiter with great knowledge of the wine list. They even sent us home with muffins for the morning. Highly recommend this restaurant, it's a gem.

Visited March 2013

Toronto, Canada
“A steakhouse that's worth the splurge.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to Jacobs & Co on a cold February evening. The service was stellar -- attentive without being too overbearing. I had the Cali Striploin and it came perfectly medium-rare as ordered. The sides were equally excellent especially the duck fat fries. At Jacob's & Co, you get great value-- expensive but oh so worth it! Highly recommended if you are visiting Toronto and want a memorable meal out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oshawa
“Best steak ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is probably the best kept secret in town. We arrived for 7:30 reservations & didn't leave until around 11:30. There is no rush - this is a night to enjoy the food, the service & the luxury of this restaurant. We chose to go with the caesar salad to start because of all the recommendations - it was absolutely delicious & created for you at your table. I must say though, once you've done it once, I wouldn't do it again only because I would rather leave room for the steak! That was the belle of the ball...we had a ribeye & another cut of steak sliced and served so we could both share....wow! The best steak I have ever eaten - they sear the outside & the flavour is like nothing else I have ever tasted! We went with the duck fat fries (don't bother - not the best I've had) and the mushrooms (excellent). The only thing that did occur at the restaurant that I found regrettable & that the waiter took advantage of was the wine - expensive to start with but we ordered 2 glasses & were told it was unavailable but we have this one...well knowing you are paying top dollar already for the food you don't like to ask how much. It ended up being $35 per glass (our original order was $15 per glass). They completely overprice the wine to a ridiculous level & then to pull something like this to increase it even higher is a shame.

Outside of this however, the service is top notch, the food excellent. Know that you're going in paying $150-$200 per person and you won't be too shocked at the end of the meal. You can share the sides with up to 3-4 people depending on how much they eat. You won't find a better steak in the city.

Visited January 2013
New York, NY
“service OK, steaks need to be specified carefully”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is my second time I've been here. Good restaurant. They're well known for their ceasar salad. That is a good salad - sauce in particular is good - no dairy - all fresh egg yolk etc. Ends up a very creamy dish - but isn't particularly green. So don't confuse this with a healthy option.

the underlying steak was good but our problem was that it was well done despite us asking for medium rare. We should have sent it back but honestly we were so hungry by the time it arrived we didn't complain. I would specify carefully you want medium rare - i.e. red juicy on the inside.

Service - salad maker was nice - they do it right in front of you. The main waiter not so much - seemed he was overwhelmed - was difficult to get his attention to make sure drinks / glasses were filled.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Steak ,Exactly how I wanted it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to Jacobs with business associates. Was pleasantly surprised with the quaint atmosphere. They have an extensive wine list, with plenty of rare finds, but I struggled to find something in the $40 to $60 range. We were 12 co workers and I was trying to be respectful to my employers budget.
The appetizers were all fantastic. I ordered my rib eye Chicago medium rare, and it was done to perfection. We had a variety of sides that were all excellent. I would love to return to Toronto with my wife and bring her to Jacobs

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere