“excellent steaks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
12 Brant Street, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2M1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 6,773 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: Brant Street
Toronto, Canada
“excellent steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

a steakhouse without the steakhouse feeling. upscale decor and the food is good. Expensive but nice for a special occasion

“Best steak I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Perfect steak, perfect service. Our waiter was extremely helpful in selecting a cut of steak and explained all the options and made great recommendations. The wine and beer we chose were excellent. Everything was perfect and the service was even better than expected.
I didn't think we had ordered that much food but we left stuffed. Will definitely be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Canada
“Amazing Steak and Overall Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very unassuming from the outside - looks more like a bunker than the high-end restaurant. But, as soon as you walk in and down the stairs you suspect you are in for something special. Decor is subdued - fine by me - lets you focus on the food and dining companions. Staff is extremely knowledgeable and attentive without being invasive.
My $90 steak was clearly the best cut of meat I've ever had, and cooked exactly as ordered (med-Rare). I can't imagine what the $200 - 300 pieces taste like. But there is more than the steak - the Caesar as fabulous, with great table-side preparation. The pop-over bread was heavenly. If there is one - and oh so slight - bit of mediocrity, it was dessert - selection was limited and only just good - kind of a letdown after the rest of the meal - but then again, I wasn't really going there for the sweets, was I? I guess I shoudl have had one of the cheese selctions for dessert - my mistake.
I would go again and again and will recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
fairfield,ct
“Shock and awe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had heard that Jacob's was pricey but wonderful,We arrived and noticed that there is valet(we had parked accross the street ecause we didn't know about the Valet). There was an nicely dressed friendly older gentleman that greeted us as we walked up the stairs(we later found out he was the owner. Once inside there were three stylish young ladies that greeted us one of them took us on a mini tour through the resturant passed the aging room.into a smaller room which had aprox 15 tables. We were seated and our waiter was there with menus and information about the restaurant and the food. he treated us like were valued friends.(nothing stuffy here). I had the Canadian strip Aprox $90 and my brother had the US Strip(aprox $60) we also had two sides ( French fries in duck fat $12 and Green beans w/h almond $10) The seare and seasoning on the steak was excellent It literally melted in your mouth. My brother is in the business and he agreed that Jacobs had made him the best steak he(we) ever ate! The sides were very good but the steak was clearly the star. The service was first rate . We were too full for desert so our waiter brought us dark chocolate with gold as well as two muffins to eat at a later time. It was a truely wonderful dining experience. I must admit that when I first opened the menu I was shocked to see a $700 plus steak from Japan but I was awed by the high quality of the food and service as well as the refined yet relaxed atmosphere. There is a buzz that occurs in great restaurants and Jacob's has it. Can't wait to come back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastic Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit to Jacob's. I was extremely impressed with the staff's passion and comprehensive knowledge of their food. Their spark and verve was in stark contrast to one of the owners that was standing by not interacting in any way with his customers. He was a dud and I'd never go back if not for the great staff and fine pastries. The steaks were only OK; I prefer the steaks at Gibson's in Chicago, however, the popovers, deserts, and augratin potatoes were fabulous!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere