“Fantastic Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of INDEXG B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
INDEXG B&B
You added INDEXG B&B to your Saves list
50 Gladstone Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M6J 3K6, Canada   |
Ranked #22 of 126 Toronto B&B and Inns
NJ
“Fantastic Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Another Caribana Weekend and this time i stayed away from big hotels and decided to try B &B . Very quiet neighbourhood and had some good sleep when all the madness of Caribana was over :) . with all the great reviews on this place i am happy to confirm. By far this is one of the best stays ive had in Toronto . Location was very good . Rooms are tiny but well kept and the art Gallery is pretty nice compared to ones ive seen in Soho , NY. Never actually made it to breakfast as we were too busy with Caribana . Lots of shops around so breakfast was never an issue when we were awake mid-day . Tram is a few blocks over . Cabs are a hand wave away . I did have a few issues with parking , as i had to move my car to accomodate guest checking in and out ( parking is limited in this area ) ..but overall the experience was good . Owners are friendly and welcoming . Will be back !

Room Tip: Quiet Neighbourhood
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at index g and couldn't have asked for a nicer stay. Holly and Lee were great hosts- we even had an embarrassing incident where we forgot our keys one night and Lee graciously let us in at 2am. Eating breakfast in the gallery was a great cultural experience too, especially given the hosts involvement in the toronto art scene. Couldn't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The location is good, in the art district of Toronto. But "downtown" is some distance away (we rented bikes). As has been said before the hosts are very kind and helpful. For breakfast they offer a variety of things like fruit, cereals and bread. Our room was clean, bright and roomy. Caveat: The A/C is centrally regulated for all rooms. While I did like the temperature in the evening it got a bit too cold for me in the night. You can tell them if you don't like the temperature but as I said I noticed a little too late.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a great 2-night stay at INDEXG B&B. The property is located in the West Queen West neighborhood of Toronto, just minutes from the streetcar and on a very quiet street. I always like staying out of downtown areas when I travel and this was a great neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants, but very accessible to the rest of the city. My room was extremely clean and aesthetically pleasing and the bed was very comfortable. I had I think the only room where the bathroom was not actually in the room, which was totally fine. Breakfast is served in the downstairs art gallery that the owners also operate and the space was very peaceful and sunny -- a great way to start the day. My only (minor) complaint was that I could not get on the wireless network with my phone in my room -- I'd written it off as non-functional and only later did I pull out my laptop and I was in fact able to connect with that. The proprietors were very friendly and welcoming. If I ever return to Toronto I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

It doesn't get better than IndexG for location, ambiance, style, and value. Holly and Lee are gracious, lovely, and welcoming artists/innkeepers, who have obviously conceptualized and designed a B&B that exudes calm and uncomplicated elegance. IndexG is immaculate, clearly lovingly maintained, and the art gallery aesthetic prevails throughout, including the B&B rooms and hallways. Beds and linens, bathrooms, simple amenities (such as wifi)--all are excellent. A fine breakfast is served in a bright and airy gallery space, and we found it particularly pleasurable to start the day surrounded by art. There is nothing fussy or intrusive about this B&B. Rather, it is a stylish and wonderfully understated establishment that is one of the city's most outstanding values for accommodation. The area of West Queen West/Parkdale has become trendy (as evidenced by the Gladstone and Drake hotels, in particular) , and there are numerous and excellent bars, restaurants, galleries, and shops to recommend the location of IndexG. Whether you are venturing up to the restaurants along west College Street, or eastward along Queen to the downtown core, the B&B is truly a brilliant location. I'm a Torontonian, born and raised, now living in Vancouver, and on my return visits, I would not stay in any accommodation other than IndexG.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

As others have said the rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. It was close to street cars and shopping. The off street parking spot was a bargain at $10 a night. Breakfast was great and the gallery space was full of light and had a wonderful relaxing feeling. I would recommend staying here to everyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Co.Kildare Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed eleven nights with gracious hosts Holly and her husband. This was the perfect base for my Toronto visit. Streetcar was less than five minute walk away and subway station less that ten minutes on street car. I could not fault my stay at indexg, my room was spacious and immaculately clean. The breakfast was substantial enough to keep me satisfied until lunch. One morning Holly had even made fresh wonderful scrumptious blueberry and cinnamon muffins for the guests.. Delicious. I needed an adaptor for an appliance and was given one to use for the duration of my stay.. They couldn't have been more helpful and never intrusive. I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to INDEXG B&B? Share your experiences!