“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jack Astor's Bar and Grill

Jack Astor's Bar and Grill
10 Dundas Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2G9, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
+1 416-263-9800
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Great nachos Smith guacamole and chili. Garlic bread is sooo good as well! For dips, you have to try the spinach dip!!!

Visited May 2014

Toronto, Canada
“accidental meeting with the Merc.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

ran into my friend Eric Mercury at the corner of Yonge and Bloor - and what started off to be just a coffee ended up being a three course meal. a mixture of selections gave rise to an error and the restaurant made a replacement order - and Eric had to run off to a meeting - so I had two orders myself and finished off Eric's fare. All good, tasty and presented on the outdoor patio overlooking Yonge Street. - an unexpected triple treat.

Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food good service but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very efficient meet and greet but waiters and waitresses work really hard while several greeters just stand around the till not helping. Food good, service good. The only downside was the horrible smell of disinfectant or an overpowering air freshener which spoiled things and made me leave earlier than I would have done.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Much better experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I made another visit over the Easter Holidays to Jack and was met with a much better reception. Our waitress I think her name was Sara was amazing. She was new however she went about and asked what she didn't know. She did an awesome job. I ordered the shrimp pasta and it was fantastic. I enjoyed this experience. I most definitely will visit again

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Busy Toronto Sports Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My partner and I had lunch at Jack Astor's during my first visit to Yonge-Dundas Square. We were seated quickly and met with a happy waitress. It was quite busy which was to be expected in this area, with the inside giving off a superficial, commercial sporty atmosphere.

I chose the Texas Roadkill Chicken Sandwich with poutine (my first time trying Canada's iconic poutine). Didn't have to wait long before our meals arrived at our table. I hated the poutine and only had a couple of bites - it was far too sickly, rich and soggy for my liking. The chicken sandwich was filled with an unsual combination of flavours I wasn't used to (having come from Australia) but it was alright. Maybe it was my jet lag but I was unable to finish it.

No doubt a good place if you're into sports and after a few drinks with mates. I probably won't be back here for another meal.

• Visited November 2013