“lovely place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sin & Redemption

Sin & Redemption
136 McCaul St, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1W2 , Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416 640 9197
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Riga
“lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

it is located near by the Old China Town on McCaul 136! it is tight with Village Idiot Pub and has long long long list of beers to sellect! they also have a nice wine with name FUN :)

Visited June 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The food and European beers are good and the atmosphere is cheerful. However, if you don't like noisy places, don't go there.

Visited May 2012
Waterloo, Canada
“Best Pub Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about this pub. I was introduced to my now favourite beer, Innis & Gunn aged in scotch barrels, by Curtis, a great, knowledgable waiter. He spent about 20 minutes giving us taste tests and finding the perfect beer, I have never had that experience before. The meal was good pub food. My wife enjoyed the vegetarian Redemption burger and I had the smoke salmon wrap. Both quite good. The atmosphere is pure English Pub, great decore, really taking you into that old pub feeling. The next time I'm in Toronto, that will be my first stop.

Visited March 2012
Toronto, Canada
“European Style Bistro in the heart of downtown Toronto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We went to this Bistro to try out some various different beers and grab some dinner. It was Saturday evening and the place was packed. We had trouble deciding what beer to have as they do have a varied selection of imported European (mostly Belgian) beers. The beer menu explains what each one is like and the servers are also very knowledgeable. The food was very good as well consisting mostly of bistro type food. We had a great time, even though the noise level was high due to the amount of people, but it added to the bistro feel. A plus is that there is not a television in sight to distract from the conversation. A negative is the lack of space in between the tables, but I would still recommend this as it is like nothing else in the area

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Cold Day. Good hot food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Nice atmosphere, warm welcome. An icy wind that day in Toronto and we were glad to have lunch here. My husband had eaten here the day before while I was in meetings all day, and liked it enough to return. An interesting menu, all comfort food stuff, but a few things not normally found on pub menus. I had a steak sandwich that came on two baguette halves, as a hamburger might, with meat on one half, and the fixin's on the other -and I am not sure how I was meant to eat it. Did they expect me to eat a steak sandwich as I would a hamburger?But the steak came rare, just as I had ordered, and everything tasted good. My husband had Irish stew on this day and liked it very much. Sure, we would happily return.

• Visited March 2012