“excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Peter Street, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2G5, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25% off
Ranked #36 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Guided by other reviews on tripadvisor, I chose the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown for a recent stay in Toronto. As usual, the other reviewers didn't lead me astray! It was the perfect location for our needs - close to restaurants and shopping - and was new, clean, and very comfortable. We had a room on the top floor, but I could still hear noise from the club next door on Friday and Saturday nights. Since I live in downtown Vancouver, I'm used to city noise and active nightlife, so it didn't bother me, but if you're coming from a quiet suburb or are very sensitive to noise at night, this might not be the ideal location for you. I had a very pleasant stay, and especially liked the fabulous shower.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The room was clean and spacious. Excellent beds and pillows. The room had a large LCD TV, microwave, fridge and coffeemaker with 2 mugs.
Please note this hotel sits in a club area of the theatre district and if you are a light sleeper ask for a room on a higher floor on the quiet side of the building- it will help.
The pool is small and the hot tub temp felt quite cool.
Restaurant staff appeared lost and guessing on what they should do next during the breakfast hours of the hotel's restaurant - however the food was always served hot.
Let's end this review on a good note - Fresh cookies were available at the front desk after 5pm and always looked forward to this little treat after a day of meetings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Nice room book through booking.com.
The room was on the 11th floor,
Quiet in corner
Front desk staff sent a plate of cracker fruit and cheese as a gift for our birthdays.
Really nice surprise
Room was clean like the whirlpool bath with the fireplace in room too

• Stayed October 2012
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn as my fiancée had a weekend course downtown. This is not my normal Toronto hotel but we were able to get a really good deal on hotwire.

First impressions of the hotel were very good. The location is right in the heart of the entertainment district. A short walk to numerous restaurants, bars as well as St. Andrew subway station. When I walked in the hotel it looked brand new (which I think it is).

Check-in was quick and service was very friendly. Thanks to other reviews on TA I had requested a room that was not facing the nightclub across the street as apparently the music can be heard from the room until 2-3AM. This request was honored.

The room was very clean and spacious and more in line with the 4-star hotels I’m used to (Sheraton near City Hall/Marriott Bloor-Yorkville), then the 3-star it is advertised as. The bathroom was very modern and elegant and the TV was large and provided easy access for connecting a laptop (this is HUGE for me).

There was one downside to this hotel, and this would only be the case if you were not using the hotel as a base for Toronto partying. I say this because many rooms are booked for just that. You are going to get the rowdy guests in the hallways, elevators and possibly in the room beside you. We were staying on Halloween weekend which I’m sure played a huge role, but I would assume most Fri/Sat nights are somewhat similar. I mean, it’s the entertainment district. This didn’t end up being a huge issue though as your TV will easily drown out the noise and the partiers will vacate around 10 and not return until after 2. It’s also possible that I was more forgiving, as I have been on both sides of this scenario.

All in all this one issue cannot bring this hotel away from its deserving 5/5 rating. If I’m able to get the same deal again I will surely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the nightclub.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Good location within walking distance from CN Tower and other attractions.

Spacious rooms and facilities. Lots of room for two and luggage.

Staff very helpful.

Car parking is by Valet only (uses lift) and is not cheap.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Breakfast: delightful
Cleanliness: perfect
Facilities: perfect
Views: perfect
Price: well - I stayed for free so that is always perfect!

I have a disability and staff were more than accommodating to my needs.

• Stayed November 2011
HGITDJessieWallace, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear ASharpMajor A,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff.
I will be sure to share your feedback with everyone here, we love reviews like these!

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Jessie Wallace
Guest Services Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

There is no problem with the hotel itself, but couldn't sleep the entire night because its right next to a very busy loud night club. Worst night of sleep I've ever had!
The staff is very friendly, hotel is clean, it just needs a new location, or sound proofing, it's 2:30 in the morning and the club is still rockin. I've never had an issue sleeping through noise before, and we are not on the ground level, we are on the 10th floor. Bring ear plugs.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear JennaRath,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. I'm really sorry to see that you did not get a good night's sleep due to noise from the adjacent nightclub. Unfortunately, as much as we try to ensure a quiet night for our guests, our location does tend to make for lively weekend nights.

Please feel free to contact me in advance of your next stay, I would be more than happy to do my best to ensure you a quiet room on the opposite side of the building.

Kind Regards,
Jessie Wallace
Guest Services Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown? Share your experiences!