“out to lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 6,793 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Florence, Italy
“out to lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

loved the decorations and ambience. the room was a little noisy even though it was lunch time. the arugula salad was excellent! the pizza was good but there weren't that many toppings. I love the option for spelt crust.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Beverley, United Kingdom
“ACE!! But get there early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Visited on a Sunday after when they open at 1600, we had caught the tram across town with our friends and browsed a few local shops / galleries etc before arriving outside at about 1545. By the time they opened there were another 3 groups waiting with us and by the time we were seated and ready to order drinks the Restaurant was about two thirds full. I think that tells you a lot about its reputation.

Nice enough location with plenty of other bars around, the decor is fine but its really the food that you come for.

Four of us ordered starters and pizza with wine and beer, really enjoyed the meatballs and the pizza. Would definitely go again when next in Toronto (hopefully in about 3 years time!)

• Visited June 2011
Canada
“Closest thing to Naples-style pizza around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The pizza margherita here is very authentic. I have been to Italy several times and I eat the pizza margherita there almost daily when I go, and this place is the only place that makes it the same way. Some folks on here say the pizza is very thin and a bit soggy/soft in the centre, but you need to consider that this is how it was served to me in Italy the many times I ate it there so it is not something to complain about.

The bruschetta seemed authentic as well, but it is not done in the north american style that we are used to so I didn't like it. They don't serve a bruschetta like we are used to, but it was similar to some of the kinds we saw in Sorrento so no complaints here.

The expresso was not as good as I expected.

It can be very busy in the evenings I hear, but there was no wait when we went around 2pm on a Friday afternoon. The place was still busy though. No reservations accepted.

In the end, we paid $50 for apps, main, and a small desert each. We also had a couple of bottles of Peroni. It was worth the cost for a meal that was just like we enjoyed in Sorrento last summer.

• Visited July 2011
Palm Springs
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

This is one of those "trendy" places to eat. It's noisy inside. Food is well worth the wait. I love my pizza simple sauce cheese and a topping or two. Libretto has a simple menu with a few twists on traditional fare. I love caprese salad, they have it with beets instead of tomato.

• Visited June 2011
San Diego, California
1,359 helpful votes 1,359 helpful votes
“Excellent Pizza and great atmosphere! Worth a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

We just had lunch here today and really loved the thin style pizza. We came here based upon a recommendation of a good friend that lives in Toronto. We're glad we took his advice as the pizza was great. Not just the pizza but the entire meal was really yummy.

I read some reviews just now after we got back and I read how it can get crowded or that it's not kid friendly. Fortunately we didn't have that problem at all. Today was a Monday and we went around 1 PM and it wasn't too busy at all.

And we have 2 small children. Our daughter is almost 3 years old and our son is 17 months and they accommodated our big Phil & Ted's stroller with no problem. They were really friendly and our waiter was really attentive and good.

We got the lunch special which was $15 each and it included a salad and an entire pizza along with a dessert. Great value! The salad was really great. Try the arugula salad that has walnuts, cheese, apples and a great light dressing. My wife got the bruschetta that had smoked trout on top with a cream cheese. It was great! The pizzas were also really great with a crispy thin crust and great sauce.

Definitely this was some great pizza and the atmosphere was nice. It's not a big restaurant so keep that in mind. If our friend didn't recommend this place we would have never found it or hit it. There is a public paid parking lot behind the building so that makes it convenient.

Definitely worth the trip here for some great food!

• Visited May 2011