“Agreeable brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Agreeable brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Sunday brunch does not offer the best opportunity to rate a restaurant, and a review of a dinner might vary somewhat in detail from this assessment. Simple is a pleasant space; the service was friendly though a bit slow. Our group of four had either Eggs Benedict or an omelette. I had the Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, and found the dish to be very good though a bit too salty for my taste. I shared a chocolate truffle cake for dessert: very good but not perfect, being a bit too firm. The cafe filtre was what it was. I've never been a huge fan of preparing coffee that way, and had I known that is what it would be I would have ordered a cappuccino. All in all, this was an agreeable brunch but not, except for the conversation with our friends, a memorable one.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
toronto
“One of my favourite Toronto Restaurants - Wonderful local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Food is excellent with fresh local ingredients. Atmosphere great, although it can be a little noisy. Prix fix menu is an excellent deal. Desserts are heavenly as is the beet salad, if you are lucky enough to find it on the menu. Service is great and staff is always very knowledgeable about ingredients and wine paring.
I would recommend it to anyone but book because it is a smallish restaurant, although they do have an upstairs part that they open on busy nights. The restaurant is not open for lunch every day of the week so check if you plan on going there.

• Visited October 2012
Miami, Florida
“Great food, fantastic staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I went there last friday with a group of moms from my daughter's school and since our group was quite big, they reserved us the second floor. It was great, they had a balcony which had fresh air flowing and the service was great! Food was so tasty, I had the wild mushroom pilaf... yummy!
I will definitely go back again

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Ontario
“Always wonderful tasting food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We've been here a few times and it seems like every time we go back it gets a little better. The prix fix menu option is always an awesome value. It not huge though, so if you want to ensure you get a table you will want to call ahead.

• Visited April 2012
Toronto
“Pretty nice, might go again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I went with my family for my birthday dinner. We were greeted with a smile and the service was definitely enthusiastic throughout. The place is tiny and it was a tight fit for the larger people in our party (on a good day you'll think "cute" and if you're cranky you think "cramped") the appetizers (cold asparagus soup and duck liver parfait) were tasty but the main courses were just ok; the lamb was tough and a little undercooked but the scallops were done just right. The rabbit and partridge were nice, too. It is a nice little neighbourhood bistro; walking there is best as parking is a little bit of a pain since there is no parking lot.

• Visited May 2012