“Another pizza resto” 3 of 5 stars

(416) 921-3141
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capocaccia Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,262 of 6,560 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosehill Ave.
Transit: Yonge St. @ St. Clair Ave. E. St. Clair Station Summerhill Station
“Another pizza resto”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It's a decent enough restaurant, if you're really stuck on being at St. Clair and Yonge Street, but a destination this is not. We're mildly spoiled here in Toronto with fabulous italian restaurants for any size wallet, so this just ranks right in the middle. Food is good, atmosphere is average to a tad noisy, and wait staff is just okay.

Visited November 2012

52% Recommend
“Mid-town dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The place has excellent food but I found lighting a little to dark for my liking. The staff we pleasant but not very engaging.

Visited October 2012
Toronto
“Best kept secret in Downtown!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This restaurant sits on Yonge street in the Sumerhill-Rosedale neighborhood, although it is not hidden, it has very few reviews despite the very good location.

I went there two weeks ago with the family. I saw it once in the area and wanted to try it, last Friday was the day and boy what a great surprise!!

By far, very far, they have the best service staff I've ever had in Toronto, attentive, genuine, friendly and knowledgeable, all that you want in your staff. They were great, they catered to our needs and were genuinely friendly.

Ambiance is great for families, friends, the food was tasty, well done. We ordered the day specials, bison and grouper . Both were cooked nicely and very tasty. They could have used a bit more seasoning (that's why my rating is 4.5 not 5).
The wine selection is very good, the price is reasonable by Toronto standards.
The best of this restaurant has to be the atmosphere, you feel transported to a better place where food and friends are the most important, like eating with family all around.

Highly recommended and as I mentioned: best service staff ever !
I hope they get more reviews soon !!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had lunch here today with two of my co-workers last month. None of had been here before.

My co-workers ordered the zucchini flowers as an appy and said they were okay. Two of us ordered pizza and the other ordered the mushroom pasta. All were good and we cleaned our plates.

Our server was friendly, though a bit clumsy (she kept knocking things over like a pop, milk, etc.).

I'd go back!

Visited August 2012
Oakville, Canada
“Very tasty Italian fare, warm European atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a lovely lunch here on a weekday afternoon. This is a busy restaurant, so not sure if reservations would be needed on the weekend - but check first for sure. Food is always great ( have eaten here a couple of times before and we have always been impressed with the quality and taste of everything we ordered). Very traditional Italian style - even the bathroom walls are 'wallpapered' with Italian newspaper pages! Service was also great - quick and helpful with a smile. I highly recommend this restaurant if you find yourself in the Yonge and St. Clair area of town. They have a small covered outdoor patio in the summer months just to the side of the restaurant.

• Visited March 2012