“nice family restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Toronto
“nice family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I regularly go to Mexitaco with my family: this small but cosy restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes, well prepared and in generous sizes portions. The salsa and other sauces are very good. Nice cocktails as well. If you speak Spanish, there is the opportunity to practice ! Authentic food and culture ! Not to be missed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto,
“Tastless, skimpy and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had a great drink called Jamaica, a red flower that is also known as Sorrel in the Caribbean, however the food was a huge dissappointment. The tacos and the Sopas were a thin layer of shredded chicken over stale tacos. I ordered chicken Sopas and what arrived was a huge mound of lettuc sprinkled with bits of white cheese. It looked enought, but once I cut into it, I found the bread was stale, the refried beans tasted right out of a can with no seasoning and there was no chidren to be found. I pointed this out to the waitress who informed me that there was chicken on it. When we paid we were asked "do you need change?" to which we answered yes, but they took forever to bring the change so we walked out. I think this is a ploy they use on a regular basis to keep your change, as it amounted to more than 20% tip which was not earned.
We will not return, poor value, insufficient food and bland and boring food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Skip this spot - too average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

There are simply too many good Mexican restaurants in Toronto to be paying Mexitaco any visits. We ended up here because Tacos El Asador just east was closed. The food was good but bland and on the pricey side - we had take out - and it was over $50 for 3 with 3 main courses and tacos. Now my 10 year old loved his chicken burrito so I gave this place a rating of 3. Indoor has no ambiance and the patio would be the place to eat during the summer.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Too bad I wasn't drunk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I ordered take-out from here. I was told 30 minutes. Showed up at that time and waited another thirty after that. The food was super bland! The patio seemed busy with locals having drinks and they seemed happy. Also, the portions were small and over-priced.
Although it's supposed to be a restaurant, I would avoid the kitchen (where the washroom is, by the way) and go only for drinks.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's where I go in my neighbourhood for authentic Mexican food. Go when the weather is nice because the patio is better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

It's where I go in my neighbourhood for authentic Mexican food. Go when the weather is nice because the patio is better than the indoor atmosphere.