“Business stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins

You added Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins to your Saves list
Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Mountjoy Street South, Timmins, Ontario P4N 1S4, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Timmins
Toronto
“Business stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

King room is decent; comfortable bed; basic amenities for business travellers. Staff is friendly. Wifi is spotty; and there's no business centre available. Hallways and parking area are points for improvement - too dim.

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Louise B, General Manager at Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, very much appreciated. Have a great weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I would add that the place would film a great 1970's horror movie. Very dark and drab. Rooms are "remodelled" meaning they added a small flat screen and a new matress. Free breakfast was one of the worst I have had and the bfast room was flat out haunted. Fitness center was a joke. They have a sports bar in the lobby that is A+ but you could walk to it from any other downtown hotel and save yourself hte scary elevator ride to your room.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn it is brand new I am told
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Louise B, General Manager at Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Mr Marcone,
I was sorry to read that you found our hotel "out of a 1970's horror movie". We have spent a great amount of money to remodel and improve our surroundings and have received very positive feedback on our improvements. But as the saying goes " to each his own" .
Thank you and have a great week!!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have stayed in the Shania Twain Suite and the Luxury King Room of this hotel. The rooms are much nicer than I expected for a Days Inn. The bed is comfortable with a nice duvet. The washroom is basic. The room was clean, cozy and well suited to our needs. We quite enjoyed the dinner at the Gallery Restaurant on the second floor. We also attended a catered meal/dance reception in the banquet hall which was enjoyable. The front desk staff are helpful. The only issues we had were a fire alarm at 4am in the middle of the night. Brrr. Timmins winter is brutally cold to face in pajamas. And the floors can be quite overrun with noisy kids during hockey tournament season. The Iocation of the hotel is ideal. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The suites have been upgraded. A much nicer alternative than the regular rooms (which are typical D...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise B, General Manager at Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for you kind review. We are constantly trying to improve our surroundings. I do however apologize for the fire alarm at 4am. It is a necessary evil for your safety. Have a great week!
Sudbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It started off with the wrong room. so i had to change rooms right away. they were upgrading the tv service so every channel was fuzzy. Then when i checked out My room was more expencive then the other person i was working withs room. We had the same room and i book them both. They would not change it at the front desk.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Louise B, General Manager at Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I will address this issue with our front desk staff. Have a great day!
Halifax
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked a suite from April 18 to May. On the 19 April the roof leaked water onto the heater that was running, which was beside the desk I was seated at. I was offered another room and that room had a leaking window. I asked for time to decide whether or not I would stay, the manager hurried me to decide, even though the maintenance staff member told me there was nothing he could do. I asked for compensation and was not offered any except a room up grade to a cold room with a tv that was not working.
The TVs were not working and even though its a modern hotel it does not have printer access for guests.

I took my $130 a night for 14 nights and went else where.

I dealt with Terri on check in and she was excellent to deal with. The managers hands were tied by policy and she was not able to offer me any real compensation.

With my line of work, I stay in many hotels, and have influence on where my co workers stay. If this is not addressed properly I am sure I will not recommend this hotel to anyone and be sure to take the time to share my story in online reviews.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Louise B, General Manager at Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Justin,
I just received your review on Trip Advisor and have spoken to the Front Desk Manager and our maintenace supervisor.
I sincerely apologize for the leaky window and bad television reception. We are in the process
of upgrading our cable system with optic cabling, unfortunately it does take time to install.
Mike and Laurie did offer to upgrade you to the Shania Twain suite where both televisions had great reception.
You asked for Wyndham Points for compensation but we cannot transfer points to your card.
I am very sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us and can only hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Timmins, please call me. Have a great day!
Niagara, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Agree with previous reviewers - they are trying to update the hotel cosmetically, but when you have a tired, dated structure to start with it's like - my title suggests - putting lipstick on a pig... it's still just a pig.

Room was very nicely redecorated, with a new comfy bed... however... the heating unit is the same old, tired, noisy, circa 1970's unit... the tub is the same old metal tub with ghosts of anti-slip strips past... the receptacle in the bathroom is so old that my hair dryer plug kept falling out while I was drying my hair... when I turned on the hot water, it ran brown for the first few minutes... the water ran hot and cold while taking my shower... there is a brand-new flat screen TV in the room, but the picture was fuzzy on every channel - even though it was cable.

I would have rated this hotel average instead of poor, as the room was clean and I did have a good sleep both nights... but my colleague actually had mice in his room! He was watching TV and a mouse ran across the floor... and then another ran out from under the bed! Yikes!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Louise B, General Manager at Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Please accept my most sincerely apologies for what you saw in your room. I assure you I will address this problem immediately. It is an older building but we do try to improve our surroundings to ensure our guests are comfortable and receive great service. Thank you for your comments.

Been to Days Inn and Conference Centre Timmins? Share your experiences!