“Gives Hope for Humanity” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Monuments/ Statues
Attraction Details
Montreal
17 attraction reviews
“Gives Hope for Humanity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was traveling through Tuhder Bay on our way East. I decided to stop at the Terry Fox Monument as always. This time though, my wife was with me and I really wanted her to appreciate the moment.

Those of us old enough to have witnessed his accomplisments and those who don't know about them yet will be moved by this young man courage, determination and drive. He did what he did not for himself but for others.

This memorial is a great way to immortalize his feats. The place in itself is remarkable, clean, will thought out and offer a magnificent view. Nice place also to picnic. A restroom is available at the park store (no food).

Like I said at the beginning, I stop there everytime on my way. There must be a reason.

Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Impressive memorial, poor support for further info.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Terry Fox still chokes me up so we were delighted to find ourselves with time to stop and see the Memorial and Lookout about 15 minutes east of Thunder Bay. The memorial is lovely and we were especially thrilled that a local piper happened to be playing while we mooched around the memorial and enjoyed the view. Very impactful. The Parks building was open so we expected to see more... there was a video documentary running but without sound!! Useless - and there was no presentation. 3-4 staff were sitting chatting presumably waiting to hand out government brochures or sell souvenirs but it was disappointing that the Terry Fox name ended there. Even information on the charities involved, or an ability to donate at that point would be appropriate. Yes, there was a bathroom :)

minneapolis, mn
7 attraction reviews
“Very Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Beautiful statue and history. Very well groomed flowers and greenery. Clean bathrooms. Very nice memorial for Terry Fox.

8 attraction reviews
“A need to see place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very moving to stop and see. Great memorial to a young man who certainly had a lot of drive. Beautiful views from there also. Certainly worth the stop

Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My mom and I stopped here on our drive back from The Sleeping Giant. Beautiful view of "The Giant" and all of Thunder Bay! It was pretty hazy and overcast since a thunder storm was coming in, but we could still make out most of it. I'm sure it's spectacular on a clear, sunny day. Nice opportunity to learn about Terry Fox and get information from the visitor center as well.