“A Winning Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 241 restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is the story of how one man, Richard (Dick) Davidson, took his vision and all his culinary experiences and formed them all together to create BeauxDaddys Ca-NA-Jun (Kah-nay-jun) Grill House. Ten years ago, he bought the property that for 65 years, had been known as Uncle Franks Supper Club in Thunder Bay. Initially, he had several ideas for the property but eventually settled on renovating the former family restaurant with a new spin – something Thunder Bay hadn’t seen yet. After numerous trips to New Orleans and several dozen trips to various restaurants throughout the world, Dick dreamt up BeauxDaddys – the place where Louisianan roots are reintroduced to their original families – the Acadians.
“A Winning Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

A busy and upbeat yet comfortable atmosphere with live music, my first visit to Beaux Daddy's was definitely one to remember. We arrived on the last day of their Mardi Gras event. I was enjoying my buttermilk chicken when I heard my name called and wouldn't you know it, I won the giveaway trip to Las Vegas to see Santana! Chris the owner, and all the staff congratulated me, the patrons cheered for me and I felt as if the whole restaurant was a group of friends. The food was great and I loved the options and choosing your sides. Lots of unique items on the menu and something for all tastes. Pleasant service and I will certainly be back for my birthday in April!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
“cajun---mmmm.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

service, ambiance and food excellent. seniors' discount added to the god value. servings were more than adequate.

Visited February 2013
ontario canada
“Wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

They serve the 'full' wings which were very yummy. They had live New Orlens style music on Saturday night. Laid back feel. Would recommend to those looking for something different in the Thunder Bay area.

Visited February 2013
Fort Frances, Canada
“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I don't know what all these bad reviews are about as my spouse and I had dinner at Beaux Daddy's February 16. It was an amazing experience from the time we walked into the resaurant. We were greeted by the host and owner Chris Davidson. He gave us an authentic New Orleans experience. The atmosphere is very upbeat classy but relaxed in a good way. It was great to see some of the former Uncle Franks memorabilia incorporated into Beaux Daddy's. Our server Megan was very knowlegable and attentive. We started out with a Champini from the Mardi Gras menu (Very tasty cocktail) and then Boulettes as an appetizer.These were bread dumplings stuffed with andouli sausage and gouda made from local products. For the main course we ordered a Rib eye and a Filet Minon cooked to perfection along with a side of sauted vegetables baked potato and sauteed mushrooms. Kudos to the kitchen. You rock Dwayne. For dessert we ordered a Sticky Date and praline cake to share and Cafe Du Monde. Kudos to the on site pastry chef. The restaurant was extremely busy and the service was quick and efficient. Needless to say our appetites were well taken care of. Thank you Beaux Daddy's for a wonderful evening we will definately be repeat customers.

William & Shaun Milner

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Dirty glasses, slow service, luke warm food, small portions, big prices, too loud rap music playing. Very dissappointed, will not return or recommend

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
BeauxDaddys, Owner at Beaux Daddy's Grillhouse, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We've never played Rap music at BeauxDaddys however, so I'm not sure if you have us mistaken for another restaurant