“Fabulous steakhouse!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: located in the Valhalla Inn
“Fabulous steakhouse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Amazing food! Great staff! Very romantic environment! Live music on weekends is great! Expensive, but well worth the cost.

Visited December 2012

58% Recommend
“Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have gone to the Sunday brunch numerous times. We have even had family come into town from Brampton and they love the brunch as well. Last July we had my mother in laws 90th birthday celebration at the Sunday brunch. The prices are reasonable and the variety/selection of food items are unbelievable. If you go away hungry it is your own fault. Everyone loved it so much that we have already booked reservations for 91st birthday as well as our anniversary to celebrate. If you come to Thunder Bay and don't do the brunch then you haven't been to Thunder Bay to eat. Trust me you won't be disappointed with the food, service or prices.
Janet & Bill Dyer

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix S, Manager at Runway 25, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you Janet and Bill.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our Sunday Brunches so much and that you are so eager to return. I am proud to say that the Valhalla offers the best Sunday Brunch in town with our wide variety of breakfast and lunch hot items, full salad and bread table, omelette station, crepe station, carvery and a dessert table with chocolate fundue that will keep you getting back up for more.

I also wish to thank all of our value guests who keep continuing to visit us in the Scandia Room for our brunch during this period of our exciting transition.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Phoenix S.
“Perfect night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had our 11th Anniverary dinner at the Runway, having not been there before we weren't sure what to expect. The decore and atmosphere was outstanding, a real step up from the Nordic Dining Room! We were seated and our drink order was taken right away and the staff was attentive and friendly. When we mentioned it was our anniversary, the manager came and personally introduced himself, Phoenix told us to have a nice evening and answered some questions about the dishes for us.
Our steak and seafood came out just in time and the presentation was beautiful, everything was cooked well and was very good. I had the oscar topping on my steak and it was delicious!
We had heard before that the restaurant was expensive, however, were weren't surprised when we saw the pricing and feel that it was worth every penny!
We didn't have desert because we were so full from dinner but would absolutely use that as an excuse to go again! We will definately be back and would reccomend Runway 25 to others!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix S, Manager at Runway 25, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your last visit to Runway 25 Steaklounge. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Once again, Thank you,

Phoenix S.
“What a great steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

On December 17th rather than going out to a restaurant for super, I decided to go to Runway 25 at the Valhalla where I was staying. Having never eaten there I didn't know what to expect. I ordered a medium rare Filet Mignon, baked potatoe and broccoli. When my meal arrived, the presentation exceeded my expectations and my filet was perfectly cooked. And I mean perfectly. I enjoyed my meal so much that I returned on the 20th before leaving for home the next day. The experience was just like on Monday.

If you're looking for a great steak, a quiet and relaxing atmosphere, friendly and attentive service as well as a good value for the money, try Runway 25.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ValhallaThunderBay, Manager at Runway 25, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your last two visits two our restaurant. Feedback like yours is greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you. See you again in the future.

Phoenix Schweitz
(Outlets Manager)
“Highly disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have actually never written a review before but was so upset with the experience, went onto google and found this site to inform you not to waste your time or money. The family and I were curious about this place and were looking for a fine dining experience to celebrate my mother's birthday. What we ended up with was a well overpriced meal paired with absolute terrible service. We arrived well before the dinner rush and amongst waiting 15 minutes after being seated before any sort of formal greeting from the staff, we again waited another 20 minutes for the drink orders to arrive (in which the orders were entered incorrectly). In my opinion, the appetizers were highly overpriced for the quality and taste. We ordered numerous appetizers with the aim of sharing but were very disappointed with the portion sizes. This would not have normally bothered us if the food served had actually tasted unique. Every one of the appetizers ordered tasted bland with no distinct flavour- almost as if they have been frozen before or rushed out of the kitchen. The service was continually slow throughout the night and progressively got worse as the restaurant continued to fill up. When it came to ordering dessert we waiting another 15 minutes before the waiter came back and by this time opted to skip the dessert altogether.
Not to take anything away from the staff as when they did interact with us they were polite and accommodating; however, as an overall dining experience please do not waste your money. I cannot speak for your interests or preferences, but based on my own experience and feedback from others you will not be satisfied.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ValhallaThunderBay, Manager at Runway 25, responded to this review, December 22, 2012

First of all, I would like to appologize for the events of your evening. The night in question proved to be a very busy night for us in the restaurant including a delayed order in one of our banquette facilities for the Runway 25 menu. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the taste and qaulity of your appetizers but I do ensure you that we do not use any frozen product with the exception of a couple seafood items which have to travel long distances to get here. I will bring this concern to our Chef's attention. There seems to be a common misconception that Runway 25 is more expensive than other restaurants in the city. When we are actualy quite competitvley priced in relations to other restaurants. I thank you for your feedback, for it's comments like yours that help us to better improve our opporations. I hope in time you will revisit us and enjoy your experience.

Once again, Thank you