“Never again” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Thunder Bay to your Saves list
Travelodge Thunder Bay
Travelodge Thunder Bay
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Memorial Avenue, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 3Y7, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in Thunder Bay
Marathon, Canada
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed in a room in mid 2012 & it was fair, some work had been done on it, stayed last night, and NEVER again. 70's décor, dark walls, bedspreads, carpet, so, no way to tell if it ever saw soap & water. Lumpy pillows, small beds & cheap mattresses. No bathroom fan, no grip rails near tub, towel rod half off the wall. Coffee pot & makings but an old dish cloth in lieu of paper towels. No garbage container in bathroom,only 2 coat hangers, no luggage stand, one chair. Looked dirty & felt dirty, all other hotels full, we were tired but unfortunately staying there done nothing for our physical or mental well-being.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel and check the ratings
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at several hotels while traveling through Ontario, but this was by far the worst. The shower walls were moldy, the fan wasn't working properly, the bathroom door hit the sink right in the middle, so you couldn't open the door all the way.The room was so small you could barely move around in it. There was no stand to put your luggage on, we had to put it on the floor. oh and the elevator was broken and of course the elevator maintenance workers were on strike! This was the most expensive of the 5 hotels we stayed at in Ontario and it was the worst. I wish I had read the reviews before I had gone here. If we hadn't been so exhausted after driving for 13 hours we would have gone to another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my first stay at a Travelodge. I normally do not book hotel rooms for personal reasons, but I travel frequently for business purposes. I normally stay at Hilton/Sawridge/Delta hotels. I am currently moving across Canada, and I'm aiming to stay within a budget while driving to relocate. This hotel is fantastic! The high speed internet is flawless, and the room is extremely clean/cozy/well-maintained. This hotel has far surpassed my expectations - I wasn't sure what to expect for the price.
While checking in, the female employee working at the front desk did a phenomenal job overall! There were seven clients in line to check-in, and we all arrived at the same time. She was extremely friendly, informative and worked with speed/efficiency. I hope you provide her with a verbal "pat on the back" for her work ethic. It made my experience extremely positive and the other patrons appeared to impressed as well.
- Chelsea -

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

i was hesitating about this hotel due to bad comments on trip advisory, than i was supprised when i got to my room, splendide, newly renovated, new beds, mattress, carpet, beautiful furnitures, wow this was more than expected, i was in room 208. Also, there was a continental free breakfast. In one word, GO

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manitouwadge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Thunder Bay, with Pets, we use to stay here alot. but it went down hill. Heard about the renovations, so tried it again and yes it has gotten better. New beds, bedding, decor...bathroom was cleaner. For the value and price it is worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CARAMAT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I do not stay at this hotel very often, but that is about to change. The hotel is very clean, my room was very comfortable and the breakfast was great, a very good layout of food. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I was also very pleased at check out when I requested something out of the ordinary, the young lady, although a bit of an introvert was very helpful with my request. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and I plan to stay there again.
Awesome staff, great location and nice room

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Memorial, General Manager at Travelodge Thunder Bay, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive comments! We have worked hard this past year on our renovations and it is good to hear the hard work is paying off. I will pass on your wonderful comments about the staff too - they really appreciate the recognition.
Looking forward to your next trip to town!

Been to Travelodge Thunder Bay? Share your experiences!