“moldy shower walls” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Thunder Bay

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Thunder Bay to your Saves list
Travelodge Thunder Bay
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Memorial Avenue, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 3Y7, Canada   |
Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in Thunder Bay
Winnipeg, Canada
“moldy shower walls”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at several hotels while traveling through Ontario, but this was by far the worst. The shower walls were moldy, the fan wasn't working properly, the bathroom door hit the sink right in the middle, so you couldn't open the door all the way.The room was so small you could barely move around in it. There was no stand to put your luggage on, we had to put it on the floor. oh and the elevator was broken and of course the elevator maintenance workers were on strike! This was the most expensive of the 5 hotels we stayed at in Ontario and it was the worst. I wish I had read the reviews before I had gone here. If we hadn't been so exhausted after driving for 13 hours we would have gone to another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my first stay at a Travelodge. I normally do not book hotel rooms for personal reasons, but I travel frequently for business purposes. I normally stay at Hilton/Sawridge/Delta hotels. I am currently moving across Canada, and I'm aiming to stay within a budget while driving to relocate. This hotel is fantastic! The high speed internet is flawless, and the room is extremely clean/cozy/well-maintained. This hotel has far surpassed my expectations - I wasn't sure what to expect for the price.
While checking in, the female employee working at the front desk did a phenomenal job overall! There were seven clients in line to check-in, and we all arrived at the same time. She was extremely friendly, informative and worked with speed/efficiency. I hope you provide her with a verbal "pat on the back" for her work ethic. It made my experience extremely positive and the other patrons appeared to impressed as well.
- Chelsea -

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

i was hesitating about this hotel due to bad comments on trip advisory, than i was supprised when i got to my room, splendide, newly renovated, new beds, mattress, carpet, beautiful furnitures, wow this was more than expected, i was in room 208. Also, there was a continental free breakfast. In one word, GO

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manitouwadge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Thunder Bay, with Pets, we use to stay here alot. but it went down hill. Heard about the renovations, so tried it again and yes it has gotten better. New beds, bedding, decor...bathroom was cleaner. For the value and price it is worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CARAMAT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I do not stay at this hotel very often, but that is about to change. The hotel is very clean, my room was very comfortable and the breakfast was great, a very good layout of food. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I was also very pleased at check out when I requested something out of the ordinary, the young lady, although a bit of an introvert was very helpful with my request. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and I plan to stay there again.
Awesome staff, great location and nice room

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Memorial, General Manager at Travelodge Thunder Bay, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive comments! We have worked hard this past year on our renovations and it is good to hear the hard work is paying off. I will pass on your wonderful comments about the staff too - they really appreciate the recognition.
Looking forward to your next trip to town!
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

In general this hotel needs major updates! The rooms are old, dirty and outdated. Everything looks like it needs to be thrown out and replaced. They do have a continental breakfast area but it is just a temporary room and there is never enough to eat, something was always running out and not getting replenished. The front desk staff was pleasant though, they tried their very best to make the stay better. I understand that most people choose to stay here because of the price but there are other places to stay for 5 or 10 dollars more that are so much better. Avoid this place!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Memorial, General Manager at Travelodge Thunder Bay, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us in February 2012. We have had some updates and refurbishments that took place later in 2012 that we are very proud of and would like to inform our guests of all the hard work that has been completed. We have replaced all guestroom carpet, all wall coverings in our guestrooms and bathrooms, new bedding and drapes in all guestrooms, new 32 inch televisions, new lighting and mirrors in all bathrooms as well as all our public areas that received new carpet and wall covering. Please come by the next time you are in Thunder Bay to see all the changes that have taken shape over the past year. We would be happy to show off our new look.

Been to Travelodge Thunder Bay? Share your experiences!