The location has it's limitations - yes, you can hear some sounds from the airport, but that's to be expected for a location that's so close. If you chose this for the location to be near the airport, you've got to expect some sounds. They weren't constant and I had no trouble sleeping, but they were occasionally noticeable. It is an airport hotel, after all.
My room was excellent for this class of hotel.......It was clean and spacious, and although the furnishings and appointments themselves are 3 star (plastic counter top in the bathroom, etc), the space and comfort of the furniture made for a pleasant stay. The pool area (with a hot tub - the jets didn't work well, but the hot water was lovely) was an added bonus.
One tip - if your room has a high number, it will be far from the lobby and have questionable, if any, WiFi service. Pick up an ethernet cable from reception and used wired internet instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best hotel in Thunder Bay, 60 newly renovated rooms, and 2 luxury suites. All inclusive weekend packages. The largest convention and wedding facilities in NW Ontario. Surperb landscaping and just minutes from the Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Valhalla Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valhalla Hotel Thunder Bay
- Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay, Ontario