“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   660 W. Arthur St., Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 5R8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay More, Save More!
Ranked #14 of 33 hotels in Thunder Bay
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Although the hotel had a mix up on my check-in by charging me a no show as the booker messed up the dates, the morning staff quickly refunded it. Rooms were average, breakfast was tasty but crowded as they serve in the main lobby. Overall not a bad place to stay

• Stayed August 2013
cn307, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to know that our staff were helpful in resolving the reservation mix up. I know our lobby area does become congested during our breakfast hours, and am pleased to advise that we are scheduled to be adding a full breakfast room during our pending renovations. In the short-term, we do offer breakfast trays for anyone who would like to enjoy breakfast in their guestroom.
Best regards,
Sherri Locke, CHA

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sudbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here on a trip around Lake Superior. The location is central and the room was clean and comfortable. We appreciated the pet-friendly option. Breakfast included a wide selection to please any taste.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
cn307, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We certainly do appreciate hearing that you were pleased with your accommodations, and our breakfast offerings. We hope to see you back as our guest, next time you visit the city.
Best regards,
Sherri Locke, CHA
High Level, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I drove across canada from Ontario to alberta. This was our 2nd stop, after two LONG day of driving. When I arrived they didnt have the right credit card information I had booked on the phone with. And insisted I shouldnt "book online". which I did not do. As soon as I got up to the desk the man and woman there were rude, short, and not very imformative. I booked a room for 2 adults, 3 small children, 2 cats and 1 dog. They put us on the second floor, no elevator and as far away from parking as possible. Not impressed.Not to mention I had to park out back where alot of the rowdy traveling workers were, I couldnt get my bags without cat calls directed at me. The hotel was ok. Stuffy, loud, dirty halls, so so breakfest. I am not picky, but unless you HAVE to stay here, dont. NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR CHILDREN.

Room Tip: Ask for on the first floor, no pool, gross food. Loud. overall, not good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
cn307, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I am certainly disappointed that you were unhappy with your stay at the Comfort Inn, Thunder Bay. We always try to accommodate our guests traveling with pets in groundfloor rooms, however, I understand we were completely sold out and unable to do this for you. I do apologize that there were other guests in the parking area who made inappropriate noises in your direction...I don't understand why anyone would think this to be acceptable behaviour.
Please be assured we appreciate all guests and would never want to dissuade anyone from booking rooms on an online booking site.
I do hope you enjoyed a safe trip!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Right from the start I could tell that this was not going to be a good stay. Firstly the check in clerk seemed like she was having a bad day and wasn't very welcoming. Then they couldn't accommodate adjoining rooms as we are traveling with two children. She did manage to get us two rooms side by side but when we went up to our rooms one of the rooms was already occupied, boy was that guy shocked when I walked in unannounced. The "breakfast bar" needs much to be desired as there is nowhere to sit down. In the morning the bill was slipped under the door, nothing to make you feel unwelcome like a receipt under you door in the morning.
And to top it off the toilet in our room broke in the morning and would not stop running.
I will not be coming back to this hotel again and neither should you. The Valhalla Inn is a much better hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
cn307, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your visit with us was not to your satisfaction. I certainly do wish that we had had an opportunity to discuss your concerns, while you were our guest. I do understand your comments regarding our breakfast area. We do offer a daily complimentary breakfast, but we do not have a designated breakfast area, so we provide trays to be used in returning to a guestroom with breakfast choices. We are hoping to offer a breakfast seating area in the future.
Please be assured the "under the door receipt" is an option that many of our guests do appreciate, as this allows for an early departure without the delay of a formal check out, however, we always enjoy seeing, and addressing our guests personally, in the morning.
Best regards...Sherri Locke, CHA
Douglasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I guess for a hotel in Canada it isn't so bad. I didn't have too many choices and since I like staying in choice hotels I decided to stay here. I was in town for three days and it seemed like I was never going to get out of there. This hotel needs a major renovation. The water in my room had already been opened so I walked to the front deck to let the clerk know I didn't open it and I was not paying for it. He had no problem giving me a new bottle to put in my room. The a/c unit was loud so it was either here it all night or burn up. The hotel is right around the corner from the airport, Pizza Hut is across the street, and Tim Horton's is down the street. If I had to go back and there were no other choices I'd stay here; however I'd be willing to pay more for a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
cn307, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It is from the comments of our guests that we are able to identify any shortcomings and take the necessary steps to improve our services.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to demonstrate our usual high standards of guest services.
Cambridge, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Three years ago my work booked me into this hotel. It was noisy, so dirty and the Internet would disconnect every 5mins. Much to my surprise did I end up here again without looking at my itinerary close enough.
Traveling as a single woman, I requested a room on the second floor. There's a lot of guys that stay here that like to sit outside and drink. Kind of unsettling. Walking up the stairs to get to my room, I was welcomed with smoke in the air and filthy stairs.
Same issues as before. Nasty hairs about 2 inches long on the fresh towels, in the tub, on the white sheets and around the sink. I can't believe that the cleaner doesn't see all of their hair on the white linens.
Very noisy with people in the halls and yes, the Internet still cuts out. My work took me twice as long to finish in the evening with the Internet cutting out.
Skipping breakfast to be on the safe side.
I stay in hotels about 5 days a month for my job and I have to say that this place is like a frat house. Lessons learned.

• Stayed July 2013
cn307, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I"m sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your recent visit to our Comfort Inn. I would have appreciated the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you, while you were our guest.

Sherri Locke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here just on the spur of the last minute. So glad I did!! Great rooms and great price!! Make sure you get a business class room as you will not be disappointed for the price!!

Great service at the front desk and a lot of laughs with Terry, the front desk manager. Easy to see where this place gets its fantastic personality.

• Stayed June 2013
cn307, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! I'm happy to hear that we provided the service you enjoyed, and we hope to welcome you back.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!