Great little hotel out in the country. We frequently stay here for romantic nights away from home. It is a bit out of the way, although the hotel offers everything needed to feel at home. We always stay in either the royal suite or the air tub suite, think its called the cliff-hanger suite. The cliff hanger suite features a beautiful bathroom with large air tub and a small spa shower, a separate living room with mini kitchen and a very large private deck. The royal suite is more open concept with a large bathroom with a huge tile spa shower, living area with leather couches, mini bar area and access to the more public patio area. The rooms are always clean and most of the staff are very friendly (with the exception of one lady at front desk that is always rude). The lobby is nice, very cozy and comfortable. The pool area is great with a large L shaped pool, hot tub and cedar sauna. They also have a few private saunas and stream rooms that you can rent for a small cost. The gym area is great, clean and has lots of equipment to choose from. The restaurant is ok, although very over priced for foods that have all been previously frozen. It could also use some upgrades. Room service is good, normally very quick and has a decent selection. We love the breakfast! Yummy! Location is good, close to loch lomand ski area, the tournament centre and the neebing road house is right across the street! Great prime rib! Hotel is situated on a very large lot with nature everywhere! a little pond with a dock makes for a great sitting area. Lots of trails and walking paths. And even a few fire pits. And it is situated in front of the norwester mountains! Just beautiful! Most rooms have a fabulous view, all with outdoor sitting areas. Beware of the hockey tournaments though, the hotel gets very full of screaming children that never seem to be supervised. Can be very noisy during those times. Overall it is definitely a hidden gem! Nice place to relax and enjoy nature! Very romantic! I would highly recommend this place to friends and family!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Nor`Wester Hotel And Conference Centre
- Best Western Thunder Bay
- Thunder Bay Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Nor'Wester Hotel & Conference Centre Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this newly renovated Thunder Bay, Ontario hotel offering full-service accommodations near Fort William Historical Park, Loch Lommond ski resort, Thunder Bay Tournament Centre, and Kamview Nordic Ski Centre. Whether traveling for business or for pleasure, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Nor'Wester Hotel & Conference Centre has it all! Featuring an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, private steam and sauna rooms, and a full scale fitness centre. Situated in beautiful Thunder Bay, Ontario, this hotel provides guests with exceptional customer service, superb full-service amenities and an unbeatable Nor'Wester Mountain location, only 7 minutes from downtown. Guests will be treated to spacious guest rooms featuring cable television, Flat Screen TV's, Fridges, and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Suites are also available to accommodate the entire family. For a more comfortable stay on the road, our well appointed standard rooms or our luxurious suites will meet or exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Best Western, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Nor'Wester Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.