“Good value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsway Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Kingsway Inn to your Saves list
Kingsway Inn
345 Kingsway Ave, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 2A6, Canada (Formerly The Kingsway Motel)   |
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect when the agency that I work for booked me in here . I had a 6 week stay .
My room was small but clean and comfortable .
The room is equipped with a microwave, small sized refrigerator and a large flat screen TV.
The manager is very nice and very helpful .
The walls are thin - so if you have a noisy neighbour , wear earplugs . I only had this problem for a few nights . Most of the time my neighbours were quiet .
The cleaning staff are friendly and efficient .
For a budget motel , this is good value .

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wallaceburg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The only reason we stayed at this dump is that it was the only motel that we could find that allowed pets. The bathrooms were dirty. The carpets were so filthy that your socks stuck to them. The owner/manager kept peeking in the windows. The room was tiny to boot. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here for a week, as I was in town for business, I enjoyed coffee every morning, cabe t.v., newspaper, phone and wireless internet access for a fare price. I recommend staying at The Kingsway Motel clean and friendly neighbourhood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jasper, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

By far the worst motel I have ever stayed in as it was unclean and unfit to be sold. The walls are paper thin, I could here the people from both rooms around me all night. When I had issues with the room the manager actually yelled at me and argued with me and refused to give me my money back when I did not want to stay in room! You can stay anywhere else in town for the same price, I wouldn't stay here again even if it was free.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here a couple months ago, while i was checking in, the owner had me standing at the front desk (even ringing the bell) for nearly five minutes while i could see him sitting on his couch the back room. And he was terribly unwelcoming and rude. My room looked decent for a cheap motel though..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had recently stayed with the Kingsway Motel as i was in town for a week and a half on business. I was peased with the hospitality and how clean they kept the rooms. The location is great to lots of places to go eat in the area and close to the core of Thunder Bay. It was prity busy most rooms were occupied with mostly business or family travellers who were friendly and pleasant. The best prt i would say was the rate I saved lots of money by choosing the Kingsway Motel over bigger hotels and enjoyed it just as much. I had tv with cable wireless internet mini refridgerator microwave renovated washrooms and phone with free local calls. Thank you Kingsway Motel for a great stay. I will be staying here gain in the future I recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Good up keep maintenance and good price.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Victoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed in this motel a few years back and boy we have not forgotten it! The room seemed clean enough but there were the little things. The water in the bathroom would vary so much that we could not take a shower. We used the laundry room on site and there was a creepy old lady that just sat there and watched you. She was the owner Grandma but it was still weird. Not in the best part of town and I think they get a lot of customers that pay by the hour. Would stay there in a pinch but not longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kingsway Inn? Share your experiences!