“clean rooms, good price, had everything i needed, nice management.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsway Inn

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Kingsway Inn to your Saves list
Kingsway Inn
345 Kingsway Ave, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 2A6, Canada (Formerly The Kingsway Motel)   |
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Toronto
“clean rooms, good price, had everything i needed, nice management.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here for a week, as I was in town for business, I enjoyed coffee every morning, cabe t.v., newspaper, phone and wireless internet access for a fare price. I recommend staying at The Kingsway Motel clean and friendly neighbourhood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jasper, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

By far the worst motel I have ever stayed in as it was unclean and unfit to be sold. The walls are paper thin, I could here the people from both rooms around me all night. When I had issues with the room the manager actually yelled at me and argued with me and refused to give me my money back when I did not want to stay in room! You can stay anywhere else in town for the same price, I wouldn't stay here again even if it was free.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here a couple months ago, while i was checking in, the owner had me standing at the front desk (even ringing the bell) for nearly five minutes while i could see him sitting on his couch the back room. And he was terribly unwelcoming and rude. My room looked decent for a cheap motel though..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed in this hotel after a long day of driving in Ontario. Fixtures missing, carpet disgusting. Bed sheets and covers full of burn holes and dirt. You could tell it had not been cleaned in years. Chairs were repaired with red caution tape. Slept fully clothed in the bed. Couldn't even lock window. Scary hooker dump. Don't stay here!

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had recently stayed with the Kingsway Motel as i was in town for a week and a half on business. I was peased with the hospitality and how clean they kept the rooms. The location is great to lots of places to go eat in the area and close to the core of Thunder Bay. It was prity busy most rooms were occupied with mostly business or family travellers who were friendly and pleasant. The best prt i would say was the rate I saved lots of money by choosing the Kingsway Motel over bigger hotels and enjoyed it just as much. I had tv with cable wireless internet mini refridgerator microwave renovated washrooms and phone with free local calls. Thank you Kingsway Motel for a great stay. I will be staying here gain in the future I recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Good up keep maintenance and good price.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Victoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed in this motel a few years back and boy we have not forgotten it! The room seemed clean enough but there were the little things. The water in the bathroom would vary so much that we could not take a shower. We used the laundry room on site and there was a creepy old lady that just sat there and watched you. She was the owner Grandma but it was still weird. Not in the best part of town and I think they get a lot of customers that pay by the hour. Would stay there in a pinch but not longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We arrived the motel in 30/6/2012 at 11:30 PM, the manager refused to show us the room pretending that there is a law allows him to not show rooms to customers after 10:00 PM. We accepted that as there are no any other options around.
The room was non-smoking but it is stunk and smelled like booze & cigarettes. The carpet was awful to the degree that I prevented my family members to take off their shoes. Towels in the wash room were dirty and stained. My wife killed a spider and stayed awake all night waiting the second to kill. The switches on the lamps were broken off.
You don't feel safe at all! Early morning we checked out at 6:00 PM, and when I got the key back to the manager explaining the terrible situation inside the room which is given for 99$ for one night, he was so aggressive, impolite, and rude.
DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kingsway Inn? Share your experiences!