“I Like Bob's” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bob's Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thunder Bay
Bob's Motel
You added Bob's Motel to your Saves list
235 Authur Street W., Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 5P7, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
Canada
“I Like Bob's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

A little dated but a good place to stay. The guy that runs it is friendly and the rooms we get are clean and updated. I really like being able to drive up to the door and unload my luggage. Unlike other fancier more expensive places nearby with an elevator and then a long walk down a long hallway. The location is really good being close to the airport and all other services. For the price and we feel its well worth it despite the Wi-Fi not being weak but there are plenty of channels on TV. Place may have a bad rap from the past but over the last couple stays we have had no problems.

Room Tip: Room not far from the office
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ideal for a night or two in Thunder Bay
Clean rooms and inexpensive.
Next door to Boston Pizza and McDonalds.
The only negative is the wifi is iffy.
I stay at Bobs 4 or 5 times a year when passing thru T Bay

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We always stay here very time we come to tbay. We get great service and hes always nice and very accomidating. He even told me that if i didnt want to get in the box of the truck to plug my cord into the plugin i could park by his suv and use his cord. That was very helpful seeing i was to short to reach the plug. But it wasnt needed it was nice in tbay that night. Love this place will ALWAYS come back.

• Stayed February 2014
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

made reservation at Bob's for March 19, & for April 1,2013 as I was flying to vacation in Cuba & I live 65 miles from T.B.
My return flite to TB was late ,1am & had no problem getting my room. Beds were very comfortable, room spotlessly clean & nice and warm.
I spent 25yrs in the hotel business so you would think I was fussy, but hv no complaints with this place. I used to stay at a chain hotel in TB but find $130. a bit much for 1 person/nite. My last vist to Bob's was $72.00 inc. tax

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Most of the reviews we read were horrific, but Mexicoanny's recent comments encouraged us to give Bob's Motel a try -- and our experience echoes hers. We were promptly served at reception, our room was recently renovated, and there was nothing to complain about IF you're OK without Wi-Fi and air conditioning, which the staff clearly indicated on the phone they did not have. Comfy beds, nice bed and bath linens, perfectly adequate shower, plus new carpeting, and plenty of TV channels for our needs. We left our room early in the morning to go sightseeing in Thunder Bay, and when we returned, Gary from the front desk hurried up to us to apologize for the fact housekeeping had gone in and started cleaning already. They thought we'd checked out because we'd already packed up our luggage. This is definitely not a luxury resort, but the reasonable price, friendly folks, and good night's sleep made it a pleasant experience for us.

Room Tip: We really liked #33, the last room in the building furthest from reception. To our surprise, it was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Probably the worst motel in all of thunder bay. From poor service to poor rooms in n general. The front desk people are always rude and almost every person I know who was stayed here has found something disgusting in their rooms. The only upside is that its located on arthur street but there are tons of nicer hotels on arthur with actual good service. Stay somewhere else! Anywhere would be a better choice

• Stayed December 2012
COLLINGWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had read very unfavourable reviews but a friend suggested i check it for myself and it provided very decent, basic accommodation. The room, bedding and linens were clearn, microwave worked, windows opened so airy, heat and hotwater very adequate, weekly rate was the best i found for quality. i did not expect the staff to be models of sartorial elegance, nor were they but they were pleasant and helpful. only thing missing was wifi which was unfortunate but i found excellent access and decent espresso at the Seattle Coffeehouse a few blocks away.

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking room;mine was clean, pleasant and simple.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Bob's Motel? Share your experiences!