This past August, my flight arrived late at night at the Sudbury Regional Airport from Toronto, so my wife whose was picking me up decided to rent a room at the Holiday Inn Sudbury. Rather than drive us to our residence on Manitoulin Island in the dark with moose and deer on the roads, we spent the night at the hotel.
Upon check-in at the Holiday Inn Sudbury, the front desk staff was very friendly, polite and courteous. The room assigned to us was newly renovated, clean and the sheets were new, crisp and comfortable. The carpeting was clean and the hotel room did not have any odours. The furniture was fairly new and did not have any signs of wear or tear. The free high speed Internet provided in the rooms was operational and we did not experience any problems. The pillows were puffy and the mattress was firm and comfortable. The shower/bathtub was very clean with no mould or mildew and the towels were large, fairy new and absorbent. The air conditioning in our room was operational and we did have a good sleep.
The last time, we stayed at this location was when the hotel was called the Sheraton Casswell, (owned by Doctor Casswell) and that was twenty years ago – it was a good hotel then and now the newly renovated Holiday Inn Sudbury carries on the same reputation. As we departed early in the morning without eating breakfast, we were unable to rate the restaurant or quality of food, but, we are positive that the standards are high.
The hallways were clean as was the parking lot at the rear and side of the building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sudbury Hotel's Meeting Facilities Largest in City Both leisure and business travelers will find the services and amenities they need at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites of Sudbury, Ontario. Our hotel's location is convenient to many Sudbury attractions and businesses as well as the Sudbury Airport (YSB). Sudbury is home to many of northern Ontario's most popular travel destinations, such as Science North and Big Nickel, a must-see for our hotel's guests. In downtown Sudbury, you'll also find many unique shops and cultural venues, such as Sudbury Theatre Centre and Sudbury Museum. Our hotel's staff suggests making plans during winter to try snowmobiling on the Trans Canada trails. Business travelers benefit from being in close proximity to Valet Inco, Xstrata Nickel, CollÃ¨ge BorÃ©al, Laurentian University, Sudbury Regional Hospital and other businesses in downtown Sudbury. Lodging here gives you access to the more than 26,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, as well as the 24-hour business centre. From the heated, indoor pool and whirlpool to our on-site restaurants, The Coffee House and The Dining Room, we provide top-quality amenities beyond those of other hotels in Sudbury. Our hotel's rooms feature comfortable triple-sheeted bedding, work areas with free high-speed Internet access, large TVs with on-demand movies and other choice amenities. Our Sudbury, Ontario hotel's staff looks forward to serving you on your next visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Sudbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sudbury Hotel Sudbury
- Sudbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sudbury Ontario