“Holiday Inn Sudbury Is A Quality Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Sudbury
LITTLE CURRENT, ONTARIO, CANADA
“Holiday Inn Sudbury Is A Quality Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

This past August, my flight arrived late at night at the Sudbury Regional Airport from Toronto, so my wife whose was picking me up decided to rent a room at the Holiday Inn Sudbury. Rather than drive us to our residence on Manitoulin Island in the dark with moose and deer on the roads, we spent the night at the hotel.
Upon check-in at the Holiday Inn Sudbury, the front desk staff was very friendly, polite and courteous. The room assigned to us was newly renovated, clean and the sheets were new, crisp and comfortable. The carpeting was clean and the hotel room did not have any odours. The furniture was fairly new and did not have any signs of wear or tear. The free high speed Internet provided in the rooms was operational and we did not experience any problems. The pillows were puffy and the mattress was firm and comfortable. The shower/bathtub was very clean with no mould or mildew and the towels were large, fairy new and absorbent. The air conditioning in our room was operational and we did have a good sleep.
The last time, we stayed at this location was when the hotel was called the Sheraton Casswell, (owned by Doctor Casswell) and that was twenty years ago – it was a good hotel then and now the newly renovated Holiday Inn Sudbury carries on the same reputation. As we departed early in the morning without eating breakfast, we were unable to rate the restaurant or quality of food, but, we are positive that the standards are high.
The hallways were clean as was the parking lot at the rear and side of the building.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

After booking this hotel because it was on the accommodations list for a wedding, I found some uncomplimentary reviews about the staff and housekeeping. So I emailed the manager asking if I should have any concerns, she said 'No, they had a very nice hotel'. Well she lied...it was far from very nice. I've slept on the ground in the Australian outback and that was better, at least my expectations were met!
The staff is not unfriendly, but they do not make you feel the least bit comfortable, more like they are just going through the motions. The room smelled very stale probably from the filthy carpet. The rooms have been renovated but they cut corners bigtime, leaving the old very dirty carpet, the ceiling with the peeling stucco covering, and the crummy a/c, heating unit. I would not put my bare feet on the carpet. I can say the beds were comfortable and there were lots of pillows. Too bad for the stained bedspreads and coverlets...gross! There was an old desk chair in a corner that looked like someone just pushed it aside instead of rolling it out to the garbage bin. Much of the furniture was falling apart and the icing on the cake...my husband opened a drawer to put some things in and a bug of some kind scurried from a corner...we left everything in our bags! I brought a swimsuit because their site said they had a pool, well they did but the water was so murky I didn't bother swimming. For $300.00 for just two nights it was a complete ripoff....don't stay here, look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Parry Sound, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

They treat Priority Club Members like gold. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Many updates....love the showerheads

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I stayed here a couple of nights to visit family in Sudbury. The room was nice and clean, comfortable beds. The staff are pleasant, the pool looked nice. We had breakfast one morning and it was okay. Everything was fine, except the one negative was that the phones did not work in the room and I had to use my cell phone both times for long distance, but everything else was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed here for business for 1 night. Free wi fi. The room was dated, drab and worn. The heating in the room did not work. At lunch I ordered a shrimp melt which consisted of 1 slice of bread with 3 shrimps and some cheap cheese, the charge more than $10. At dinner I ordered steak with peppercorn sauce. The meal consisted of the vegetables from lunch reheated, they had forgotten the peppercorn sauce and when it arrived it was basically gravy with 1 peppercorn floating in it. Shocking. I travel most of the year and have stayed in basic hotels before, however, for what they charge to stay at this hotel as well as the prices charged for food they fall way short on what they delivered. When I checked out I informed them of the issues and the lady offered me a free upgrade the next time I visit along with not charging me for the dinner. Even offering this I do not know its enough to get me back to that hotel. My opinion is they should get it right the first time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

It's funny but I sometimes read these reviews and say to myself, "what a crabby person. They need to lower their expectations." I actually live in Greater Sudbury and bought a weekend on an executive floor at a fundraising event last spring thinking I'd use it for out-of-town guests. I really needed a break this weekend so I figured I would treat myself. Bad decision. Checking in was pleasant enough and the room itself is quite nice. At 3:30 this morning some loud drunks got off the elevator (right outside my door) and woke me up. That probably accounts for my foul mood. I went out for a couple of hours this morning and arrived back to see that the room wasn't cleaned. I called the front desk. It took two tries to get an answer. They said that the room would be cleaned by 3 so I asked if I could at least get some clean glasses. They said that they would have someone bring them. An hour later and still no sign of service I left again for another 2 and a half hours. When I returned at 4:15 no one had been with anything. I didn't really care about the cleaning since I'm not a slob but I would have liked some clean towels,glasses, coffee mugs and the coffee replaced. I called the front desk again and asked for towels, coffee, and glasses. They finally sent someone. Then they called to make sure I had received same. "yes, I said. Perfect!". They replied. Well, hardly perfect but at last acceptable. It shouldn't be this much work. If I'd only stayed one night this would have been a different review. Aside from the 3:30 drunks, it was fine. Unfortunately when it comes to making their 2 or more nights guests happy, they fail miserably. The Holiday Inn room key says, " ahhhh..." on it which is how I felt when I checked in. Today it's more like "arghhhh!". Stay at the Homewood Suites .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed in a pet room, carpet smelled old and looked dirty. However it was a pet room and that what we got! Bottom floor, could smell smoke from outside! Pool was warm however and breakfst allthough not free was good!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Sudbury? Share your experiences!