I spent 4 nights in Holiday Inn Sudbury. Key advantage is its location on Regent St., one of the major streets of the city accessing interesting places of Sudbury and neighborhoods. Rooms are old looking with outdated engravings and very soft beds (too soft in my view, I felt like sleeping in a marshmallow). Long and complicated ways lead to an insufficient number of elevators for reaching the numerous rooms on different floors. The dominant colors are brown, orange and yellowish green not giving a fresh feeling. Wifi was free but did not function well (access code had to be changed daily) and slow. No complimentary newspapers or breakfasts, but a small fridge was available. Staff was friendly when available: they seemed to be often on the phone and unavailable.
The Science North (building and exhibit) is worth a visit, as is the Dynamic Earth with its popular big Nickel coin (picture attached with the giant chimney in the background). If you happen to have a car, drive to Killarney (see picture), its worth a visit and watch for the rock colors along road 637. I made a series of "non figurative" close-up pictures thanks to these rocks (two are attached).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sudbury Hotel's Meeting Facilities Largest in City Both leisure and business travelers will find the services and amenities they need at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites of Sudbury, Ontario. Our hotel's location is convenient to many Sudbury attractions and businesses as well as the Sudbury Airport (YSB). Sudbury is home to many of northern Ontario's most popular travel destinations, such as Science North and Big Nickel, a must-see for our hotel's guests. In downtown Sudbury, you'll also find many unique shops and cultural venues, such as Sudbury Theatre Centre and Sudbury Museum. Our hotel's staff suggests making plans during winter to try snowmobiling on the Trans Canada trails. Business travelers benefit from being in close proximity to Valet Inco, Xstrata Nickel, CollÃ¨ge BorÃ©al, Laurentian University, Sudbury Regional Hospital and other businesses in downtown Sudbury. Lodging here gives you access to the more than 26,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, as well as the 24-hour business centre. From the heated, indoor pool and whirlpool to our on-site restaurants, The Coffee House and The Dining Room, we provide top-quality amenities beyond those of other hotels in Sudbury. Our hotel's rooms feature comfortable triple-sheeted bedding, work areas with free high-speed Internet access, large TVs with on-demand movies and other choice amenities. Our Sudbury, Ontario hotel's staff looks forward to serving you on your next visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Sudbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sudbury Hotel Sudbury
- Sudbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sudbury Ontario