“Poor Food, OK Service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Poor Food, OK Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were a party of 5 - the fifth being an infant (he was about 3 months old). We arrived early (about 4:45) before the rush and were seated right next to the door - where the wind was blowing in every time the door opened. We asked to move and were told there were no other spaces where there would be room for the baby's highchair.

We ordered drinks - both of the guys ordering coffee - and they were out of cream or milk for the coffee.

After we got our food, my friend was eating hers and tasted something gritty - there was mud & dirt in her pasta. We waited for the server to come back to let her know, and she went to get the manager. While we waited for the manager, my friend's husband found dirt in his food as well. I decided i should be a bit more cautious and check my own meal, and sure enough i found chunks of dirt in my pasta as well. It was determined that what all the meals had in common was mushrooms, and that the dirt was from the mushrooms. Gross!

The manager did offer us free dessert and we obviously didn't have to pay for our inedible meal. They also gave us a coupon for a future free meal, but we won't be returning!

Visited February 2012

Val d'Or, Canada
“Never Again for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The server was nice , but we waited close to an hour for our food.Some of us ate in the bar side and they received their food right away, and the rest of us waited. It was almost as thought they were trying to get us to order more alcoholic drinks while we waited. The food was o.k but it is very over priced , they use the same cheap pasta you can buy at any grocery store. I can make this same meal I ate here at home for about $3 /per person!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Food was good but service was terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I waited an inordinately long time to be served. I waited again for a significant period of time to receive my bill. The food was good actually. The service issue was likely not entirely the waitresses fault. Regardless, I can't in good conscience give better than a one star rating give the terrible service over. I don't think the waitress ever said "you're welcome" and there was never any interest paid on how good my meal was. I felt pretty minimized to be honest. Too bad since East Side Mario's is usually pretty good.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Going downhill for the last few years.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was meh, and we were charged extra for cheese, salad dressing, and extra sauce for a very dry spaghetti.

Visited November 2012
Ontario
“friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I needed to order take out. It took a long time - the poor waitress went back a couple of times to see what was taking so long. It was busy in the restaurant, we just got lost in the shuffle - the waitress was great & the food was yummy. I wouldn't order spaghetti to go next time though....a regular order wasn't filling for my pre-teen skinny daughter - she probably would have ate some of the bread they serve if we had stayed and then been full - but who wants their kid filled up on bread?