“Women's diner out” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 288 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: RedRooster offers a restaurant experience centered mainly on barbecue chicken dishes
“Women's diner out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a great time, we went out as a women's night. The food was great, our waitress was very nice and you don't have to whisper as not to disturb everyone, I'm not saying its loud but you can talk and have a good time.

Visited July 2013

“Will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Everything was excellent - Food was delicious, service was quick and friendly, the portions were generous. In a few words, a great eating!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant has quickly become one of my favourites in Sudbury. It's like of like a mix of fast food and restaurant, since it is sit-down, but the wait times are pretty fast, which I enjoyed. The chicken meals and sauce are exactly like St. Huberts, so if you can't drive to Quebec but want the next best thing, this is your place (right down to the toasted hamburger buns, lol). Their portion sizes are generous, and the prices are very reasonable, especially with their specials too. You have to try their country style poutine - it's fries, sauce/gravy, cheese curds, roasted chicken and bacon. Tastes delicious, though you'll be full for the entire day. The regular size is huge, so I wouldn't recommend getting larger unless you were sharing (and even then, regular is probably big enough for two). Servers are usually pretty friendly and attentive, though I've experienced some off-nights. All in all, a great place if you're looking for a good meal at a decent price.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Chicken souvlakis, yummmmy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Being a Herc’s regular for years, I thought I’d check out Red Rooster, their new restaurant in the south end. So here we are, last Saturday visiting the Rooster on Regent street. I had the meal-size greek salad with chicken souvlaki, while the hubby had a chicken & ribs combo with ceasar. Plates came to our table fast, though they were fairly busy.
What a treat! I thought I’d have what I’m used to at Herc’s but to my surprise these guys have outdone themselves. Great presentation, juicy chicken skewers, while hubby said the ribs were better than anything he’s had in Sudbury so far. The best part was that food so good was priced very fairly, so we’ll be definetely coming back and surely recommending Red Rooster to all of our friends.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Decent food, awesome servers, horrible atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I was told by a friend to go check out Red Rooster, so I figured I'd stop in for lunch. I ordered a poutine as theyre advertised as the best in town. The food wasn't bad, but the fries were frozen, not fresh cut, which would be my preference. The bbq sauce tasted great. My server was great! She checked on us just the right amount, and was just overall an awesome server. She seemed like she was having a great time serving us. The one thing I really didn't like was the older guy working in the kitchen. He was screaming at the front of house and was aggressively yelling from the back. Honestly, he seems like a complete jerk. The only reason would ever go back is because of my server, but after seeing how this person, who I assume is the manager, treats coworkers, I won't be returning. I don't support businesses that treat their employees like that because without your employees, you don't have a business.

• Visited April 2013