“This Place is TERRIBLE........SHOULD CLOSE DOWN” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 274 restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: New restaurant in the Days Inn Hotel _ bright, airy, inviting. A few tvs for people to watch( cute fire place, booths, tables, good lighting. Menu a pleasant surprise! We had the drunken white fish with sweet potato wedge, carmelized apple salad, and unique sliders (each one of the three different) - totally delicious!! the wine was quite acceptable and the beer was unbelievable - Flying Monkey (aka IPA) from a microbrewery in Barrie - really fantastic - go and enjoy, totally worth the visit. price was reasonable as well!
Arthur
“This Place is TERRIBLE........SHOULD CLOSE DOWN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Went in Ordered...waited 30 minutes for food. wings were dry and Order was Wrong...already waited 30 minutes so Ate it....Service was Terrible....Waitress said she was married to Dave the Owner....Place was busy and 2 Waitresses .....I travel For business and This Place is Terrible....If its a Joke to them its time to shut down....
[--]

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Sudbury, Canada
“High points and low”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

A hopeful addition to the Sudbury restaurant scene. Good selection of Ontario microbrewery products, although I wish more information about each was on the menu.

As we were there on WagJag promotion coupons, we were sharing generous servings of mussels, which were only Ok. Not the biggest mussels, but nicely cooked. the tomatoe sauce had a moderate amount of taste, but was not thick enough to cling to the mussels, so we left a lot of sauce/soup in the bowls.

For mains, the meats are the way to go. Three of our party had steak and lamb; all were excellent and at reasonable prices. I had the poached whitefish, which badly needed a sauce with more taste then supermarket tomatoes could give it. Sides...fries, sweet potatoe wedges, were very good.

Desserts were less then memorable, a carrot cake that looked suspiciously like Costco and creme brulees without any trace of caramelized sugar on top.

I'd go back and start picking items more carefully. Unless I heard differently, I'd skip the desserts. Truthfully, after the large meat portions, you don't need dessert anyway. If only some restaurant would offer a small bit of something excellent for dessert, the way they do in Europe, I would be so happy!

Go for the beer and the meat.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome knuckle sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

The atmosphere is perfect. Prices are reasonable and yet the food is high end. I plan my Sudbury visits with a stop here for the knuckle sandwich. . .The next time I promise to try something else. A must try. . .The restaurant and the knuckle sandwich.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great Beer but everything else was awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Fantastic selection of draught beers! But that's about all I'm cheering about.

As is typical with most Sudbury restaurants, the service was just awful. I'm actually fairly certain our waitress was high. In all, it took just over 2½ hours from the moment we ordered an appetizer (a tiny plate of nachos shared between the four of us) to our entrées (in which the sweet potatos wedges were not even fully cooked) to receiving our bills. it took about 20–30 minutes to even receive our drink orders.

In all, just an awful experience with mediocre food (at best). Great beer selection, but I wouldn't go there for much else. Much less if you're under any sort of time crunch.

Likely will not be going back unless I have 3 hours to kill and a craving for good draught beer.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sudbury, Canada
“Best Beer in Sudbury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Went out and checked out Sudbury's first gastropub last week. The selection of draft is the best in Sudbury and they have a huge selection of craft bottles to choose from also. Had the fork & knife burger (the best burger in town now! ). I love the fact they use local suppliers and fresh food. The price range on the menu is unbelievable ranging around $13 for an entree. This is definitly Sudbury's new hot spot for awesome beer and food.

• Visited June 2011