“Dont bring young children who want the pool !!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Sudbury
Ont. Canada
“Dont bring young children who want the pool !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

A real shame to have to write this review, but want to help all families in advance.

The pool is why I need to write in, the rest of the hotel is nice, staff, clean etc.

The pool area is maxed at 25 persons, not 25 swimmers, 25 in the entire room !! Staff counts as well as the parents sitting and watching.

It is just plain dumb !!

After 9 p.m. the 25 person limit is removed,,,, watch out,,,, all the waiting kids now jump in and its a zoo.
I was very sad to tell my 7 yrs old daughter she cannot swim after supper. Yes, we did go after 9, lol.

My family will not return to this hotel for the pool reasons, too bad, fairly nice place with no other complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you and your daughter experienced with our pool and regulations. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns.And we do hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This newer hotel is very busy with Govt. employees and Ont. Hydro Workers. Despite this, they were willing to accommodate our high school girls hockey team. The pool and area was clean. The hot tub was very hot (excellent) and had powerful jets. The breakfast was fully stocked and the staff serving breakfast (one lady only) was exceptionally friendly. The front desk staff were always pleasant and courteous. They allowed us to use the tables in the breakfast area to serve the girls with food we had purchased.
Rooms- bedding was high quality. The kitchen had a dishwasher. There was no oven though:(
Everyone seemed to be very willing to please the customers. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Sudbury was enjoyable. And that we were able to accommodate you as well as your girls hockey team.
We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed two nights during the week of march break. I booked this hotel in sudbury just because of the pool and waterside for the kids. We had things planned durning the days and the evenings we wanted to spend in the pool area. The Monday night was the first night getting down to the pool. We got the kids ready went down at about 6:30 and were not aloud to enter the pool area. They said there is only a 25 person max in the pool area. They said we had to go to the front desk and put our names down on a waiting list. We had to wait an hour before getting into the pool. When we got down to the pool area i ended up leaving my mother with my two kids and i left with my infant son so other kids could come in and enjoy the pool. This was to be a fun family march break vacation and i could not enjoy this time with my kids i had to sit in the hotel room while they were in the pool. this was my decision to go up but I felt bad for other families and there kids. We had the same problem the next night had to put our names down on a waiting list. I decided yet again to stay in the room while my mother brought two of my kids down. While my mother was down at the pool area with the kids she was talking with other parents and they were not happy at all with this hotel. They all did the same thing rented this hotel for the pool and water slide for march break. Everyone was disappointed and said they would not come back. When I booked, this hotel they did not tell me about this pool maximum. i have never heard of this at any hotel I have ever went to. Why would they build a hotel with such a small pool? We also had a other issue the second night . we had cold air blowing in them. they send a maintenance man to come look at it. he looked at the thermostat but he didn't know anything about it and said he we will have to wait till morning for the other maintenance man to look at it. Morning ! It was cold the front desk said they had no other rooms and they could send us blankets. There night time maintenance man looked like he was in high school. Get someone who can do something. I will not go back to this hotel again. Very Very Disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you and your family may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Your concerns are being addressed. We do hope to see you again.
Timmins, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

first off we were given the wrong room! they were fully booked so we could not have another nor did they offer any sort of refund. and the rooms are so so small! its not worth the money. the pool is small and u need to wait to use it as no more than 25 people can be in the pool area at one time! they have over 600 rooms! no water pressure in the room showers! omg the nose from the highway is so loud you will not be able to sleep! i would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had a great nights stay here. The room was terrific with a micro wave and kitchen set up. I was in late and hungry and I got a frozen lasagna in the lobby and could eat it in my room with real utensils and plates. The room was cheery, the bed was great and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely return. The breakfast was great as well. I think this is a great option if you are travelling through Sudbury On.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cape Breton Island, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I spent three nights over a one week span, the 1st night was a disaster,(Sat Jan 25th) after many flight delays ( flying in from the east coast) I was really looking forward to quiet night with my husband who is in the Sudbury region on project. After a nice dinner at the Keg, we retreated back to our room to relax for the evening, to our surprise there was a hockey team staying on our floor, no big deal, we have a son in university, have spent many nights away on hockey trips. However the issue I have isn't with the children, but the parents, they were drinking excessively out in the hallway, pretty sure we were the only ppl on the 2nd floor that weren't part of the team, so when they started to become drunk and obnoxious , I refrained from calling the front desk, as I knew they would know who called, at one point there was an argument just outside our door, my husband was getting very upset at this point as it was well after midnight, I actually felt bad for the young boys, uncertain as to what kind of parents act this way, in front of their children, but really just didn't want to cause a scene, so just tried to sleep with the tv on, to drown out the noise, I've never in all my years had to phone to complain about other hotel guests, but being tired ,sleep deprived , and a little grumpy, I couldn't hold off any longer and called the front desk a little after 3am! I apologized for having to call, and even told the girl at reception that I've never called the front desk before, but the group have been partying quite heavily and are being really loud and argumentative with each other. She apologized and said they'd sent someone right up, and if it continued to phone again, it was a short time later that I heard a man scream out, "Whoever phoned, you won't ruin our fun!" , Lovely! They moved out of the hallway and into the room beside us, the noise didn't stop they continued to party for an additional hour or two, I eventually feel asleep, I didn't bother to call again, I honestly feel that Townplace Suites shouldn't leave it up to guests to have to work security, many times on hockey trips, the hotel would have security roam the halls especially after 11pm, to unsure guests weren't disrupting other guests. Or at the very least after a complaint call came in, to perhaps just check back in, 30 mins or so later to ensure the rowdy guests have actually dropped the noise levels, Townplace Suites did neither. Upon check out , the agent asked how my stay was, I wasn't looking for a room comp, I had already paid, until this point, I said nothing, and had no intention to , unless someone asked or brought up the previous night. I smiled and said well honestly , we had to phone after 3am, the partying just wouldn't stop, very robotically she replied " Oh I'm sorry about that", nothing more. As a business owner myself, I didn't feel the way I would have wanted one of my clients to feel, leaving my business, I honestly don't think she really cared how my stay was, just programmed to ask. I did tell her we were returning the following week, and would appreciate a room on a quieter floor, she assured me she'd make a note of it. Again I wasn't looking for a room comp the following weekend, both nights had been already prepaid using priceline. Upon our return, I had to remind a different agent, about a quieter room, which she did give us, Friday night was perfect, Saturday, we had a few hiccups that normally wouldn't bother me but after the previous weekend, I wanted Townplace to redeem themselves, we made 2 separate reservations for Fri and Sat after scheduling changes for my husband, I mentioned this at checkin , she assured me it wasn't an issue and we could just stay in the same room both nights, after dragging all our shopping bags to the 6th floor , we noticed that neither of our keys worked and I had to go back down to the lobby to activate them again ( frustrating) Our maid, cleaned our room but forgot, to replenish soap, shampoo, lotion, dish detergent ( an almost empty bottle was on the counter at check in ) and we only had one roll of toilet paper for two people for two days, and I'm not even certain we started with a full roll, I like the hotel, don't get me wrong, I just feel management has to train staff ( who are all on the younger side) to be a little more sympathetic and understanding and not so robotic. Also housekeeping has to step it up a notch. Overall good hotel, great location, and will hopefully iron out their kinks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Barrie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We arrived right at check in to a friendly front desk person. We got our room right away and was told if we needed anything give them a call. They did help us with directs to near by places. The room was very clean and quite spaceous. We appreciated the table and chairs to eat our pizza on while watching tv. They had lots of channels and high speed internet. We did check out the pool and slide which my son loved. The breakfast in the morning was really good as well. We would come back again for sure! We came here just for Sudbury's awesome science center if you haven't you should check it out! Sudbury has alot to offer!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Cecil,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Sudbury was enjoyable.

Been to TownePlace Suites Sudbury? Share your experiences!