“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
toronto
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great place to stay, nice and clean room, good service, a complete kitchen on you suite, really lovely staff, continental breakfast with hot table from Monday to Friday, but not during the weekend were the breakfast is a little poor, the rest an enjoyable place to stay.
I'll be back and also recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Timmins, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We mix work and pleasyre on this trip, beautiful hotel with many shops, stores and restaurants within walking distance..

The staff is very friendly and courteous...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here a couple of nights and would recommend this hotel. It is extremely convienient in that it is located near all major shopping outlets in Sudbury and having a full kitchen when travelling with kids is so handy!! The kitchen has full fridge, stove top elements, microwave, dishwasher and the cupboards and drawers filled with dishes and cutlery. The kids enjoyed the pool and our older child loved the water slide. The only downside was the slide was only open 9am-1pm on a Sunday and in the evening when everything else is closed we were disappointed that the slide was as well. It has continental breakfast which is handy. If you are a light sleeper though make sure to request a room that faces the back of the hotel because the highway noise can be disturbing. Overall, we will always stay here when in Sudbury!

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed one night at the Townplace Suites and were extremely happy with our choice. The hotel is very new and everything still looks very clean and shiny. The best part of our stay were the staff, who went out their way to be helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and they were very friendly. Breakfast was excellent too. Overall, a great option in Sudbury.

• Stayed July 2011
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

While planing a trip to see my father in Sudbury we thought it would be good to stay at our favorite hotel chain (Marriott). Upon arrival at the Towneplace suites after a 7 hour drive we were greeted by the lady at the front desk. The check in process was pretty fast and painless and we were provided with a key to a room on the 5th floor. When we got to the room, both my wife and I tried several times to open the door without success. We then proceeded down to the front desk which the lady then gave us another room because she couldn't get a hold of the maintanance person to help us open the door. We got to the new room and again both my wife and I tried several times to open the door without success. I went back downstairs to notify front desk and the lady said "you must be doing something wrong sir" in an annoyed tone. She contacted the maintanance person "Mike", when Mike and another gentleman came to the front desk they said "you know your interupting our draft picks for the NFL???". Needless to say I was speechless!!! We then proceeded up to the hotel room which Mike then tried opening the door twice with no luck. On his third try he got it open and said "these doors get jammed sometimes, but you just have to try it a few times and they'll open". He then had me try it while he stood behind me and after trying 4 times I couldn't get it open. Mike then got frustrated with me and said "your not doing it right!." I took the key from his hand and sent him on his way as I couldn't deal with his ignorance. It took me another 2 tries and I got the door open. When heading back downstairs to get the rest of my baggage from the truck, the elevator stopped half way on the ground floor and the door wouldn't open. Like any human being I panicked! After selecting the "emergency" button, the lady came over the phone and told me to select the 2nd floor and to get off. I got off at the 2nd floor and took the stairs to the front desk. When advising the front door desk lady about all the problems we had in the first 20 minutes of checking in, she basically shrugged her shoulders and said "you seem to just have bad luck" with no smile or in a appologetic tone. Needless to say I went to my truck and heading back to my hotel room to rest for a few hours.

I have stayed in many hotels in my time and never had this many problems with service and opening 2 hotel doors.

In terms of the room, it was as lovely as any other Marriott would offer. Th room was newer in design and offered a flat screen tv and a full kitchen. I am just unpleased with the way we were treated.

Thanks

Mitch

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We usually stay at the Fairfield, but decided the try Towneplace this visit. The room was very clean and the staff was great and helpful. Breakfast was god too. We will definitely stay here again.

Scandia, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

New. Clean. Friendly people. Next to a great restaurant that offered a 10% discount. But...the internet kept crashing, they blew the wakeup call two days in a row and the free breakfast was positively spartan. Also, if you get an even numbered room, you deal with mining trucks down-shifting outside starting EARLY.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Sudbury? Share your experiences!